• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Therapists in my area aren't qualified!

Sorry I should have clarified further. I wasn't speaking of therapists who were religious in general, I am speaking of therapists who have degrees in theology or are pastors/ministers with a license/cert in social work with no background in science. I think there is a time and a place for that, such as if a person is terminal, but not to treat patients with medical conditions.
Only scientists should treat diseases of the brain. Now they know what places fire. If a doctor refuses to put you in an fMRI machine to fully KNOW what parts of your brain are firing and thus triggering what emotions, fire them.

How absurd. As I said before, if you went to a heart Dr who asked YOU what the mattter was , you'd leave. Why do therapists who are just philosophers now get a free pass. The tech is there. LOOK AT THE BRAIN

How absurd. As I said before, if you went to a heart Dr who asked YOU what the mattter was , you'd leave. Why do therapists who are just philosophers now get a free pass. The tech is there. LOOK AT THE BRAIN
I think that you are conflating the doctor with the nurse, the orthopedist with the physical therapist, the engineer with the technician, etc.

A therapist is the hands-on, practical member of the team. S/he isn't expected to micro-manage brain physiology (though I suspect that there is a lot of black-box analysis in the practice).

Anyone who regularly uses technology in which they are clueless on how it operates is using black-box reasoning to operate it.
That can be cars, 3-speed bikes, computers, cell phones, etc. You know how to operate them and know how they should respond, but don't give a whole lot of thought about how they do what they do.

Here they are cranking out therapists like an assembly line. Huge demand due to COVID loneliness and now there are people who can't adjust to "normal" life again. Not everyone should be a therapist but everyone can take the courses and get the certification.

@Au Naturel I know everyone is getting on the Covid bandwagon.
The people who are using it to take advantage on both sides. The psychs and the people
are saying they are now depressed or agoraphobic because they had to be too isolated last year.

The same is happening in Florida.

I've always lived a relatively isolated life with only a few close people anyway.
So I wouldn't know the difference.

I think that you are conflating the doctor with the nurse, the orthopedist with the physical therapist, the engineer with the technician, etc.

A therapist is the hands-on, practical member of the team. S/he isn't expected to micro-manage brain physiology (though I suspect that there is a lot of black-box analysis in the practice).

Anyone who regularly uses technology in which they are clueless on how it operates is using black-box reasoning to operate it.
That can be cars, 3-speed bikes, computers, cell phones, etc. You know how to operate them and know how they should respond, but don't give a whole lot of thought about how they do what they do.
Nurses are not black box operators. During their training, they learn far more than they are allowed to practice. It's their jobs that get dumbed down to technician level, I suspect because doctors want to keep their turf safe.

And a lot of doctors are working by algorithms and not by remembering all that stuff they were taught in med school.

The technology is there and to have someone get an 8 month degree to learn how to chat with you means you will never have a proper DX.

Again, compare to the heart or lungs. If someone is having heart palpitations and an entire field was created to go and have little chats with these poor saps, well, there would be not much more recovery than there is with "mental Illness".

You HAVE to see what is going on. A chat is pointless.

New Threads

Top Bottom