• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The World Of Torture and Walmart, The TortureMart

I'm in the U.S.
AFAIK dept of mental health in California is free if you have no money, but dont expect much other than a red stamp in your personal case and bunch of meds.

No, but I do have problems with the bright sun and headlights in my face while driving. Now if kids are flashing toys or lights in my face, I get angry because bright lights hurt my eyes and make it hard to see. I'm blinking constantly when a bright light is directly in my face, and I'm trying to see.
Perhaps you stressing out too much overreacting because you get irritated then fueling up this feelings in your mind by saying you "its terrible, i hate this" etc.

Google "low latent inhibition" and stoop messing around thank you.

Sometimes I wish I could just have my groceries delivered to me, but I'd like to be able to still go out to buy things for my hobbies and special interests. At least there's a new toy store opening up soon that I'll be able to go to.
This is why you need to get a boyfriend, most women now days so much into being independent they rather suffer alone to prove something, silly if you ask me.

Perhaps you stressing out too much overreacting because you get irritated then fueling up this feelings in your mind by saying you "its terrible, i hate this" etc.
Bruh.. You DID NOT just make that assumption! :mad: You don't know what it's like to suffer sensitive hearing every day for the rest of your life! I'm in pain every day from being overwhelmed by high pitched noises and loud rumbling booms, and you call that overreacting?! How about you try to walk in my shoes! You try leaving your home to go into the world of loud noises, bright lights, and odors, and tell me that you are overreacting. I'm literally having meltdowns and screaming every day, hoping to just wake up deaf or jot wake up at all because people like you want to brush it off as overreacting. It is OVERSTIMULATION, and you will never understand until you deal with sensory processing disorder! Do NOT say this to any other autistic (or possibly autistic in my case), or you might get a worse reaction than mine. Until you understand, DO just just go and tell people with sensitive hearing that they're overreacting when they're clearly overwhelmed and overstimulated. I'm sorry, but you don't do that. If you understood, you wouldn't be claiming overreaction. I tried not to be rude to anyone, but that sentence just clearly pushed me over the edge and just was the opposite of help. Saying people with sensory issues are overreacting is just like saying someone being ripped apart is overreacting when they're clearly in pain. It may seem like nothing to you, but it isn't to the person who is actually suffering the problem! So I suggest you leave this thread and before if you don't want to get your feelings hurt.

Last edited:
I said "perhaps" right?

Schizophrenic people have sensitive hearing too and they get irritated by sounds, but its in their head...

Many people who make up their negative reaction to things feel very real pain, however if they stop thinking about negative things then amount of pain they feel will go away...

Example i had sun burned this summer and every time i go to bed i felt severe desire to scratch my back, its called "Hell's itch" online, but me thinking about it like its nightmare something biting me i am helpless only made that itch worse and made me feel worse overall, especially while reading internet articles about it where people overreacting and blow it out of proportion that thing felt like a torture was scratching my back non stop. However when i lay down and actually try to think about it calmly it was not so bad i could even ignore it for most part and able go to sleep.
Point is, how you look at things has to do a lot with severity of effects you experience!

If nothing can help you then you pretty much sentenced for the rest of your life, no point talking about it anymore just find a way to deal with it. Clearly you care less about trying to help yourself.

Last edited:
Ugh! EXCUSES, EXCUSES!

I KNOW I'm not schizophrenic. I KNOW stress isn't the cause of my problem because the problem CAUSED stress. I already stated that my ears had opened up as to why my hearing was sensitive at first, and I had said ALREADY that I wasn't able to cope, even when I tried taking my earplugs off, going to ENTs, Seeing audiologists, and going through CAT Scans to find that I don't have hyperacusis. I thought I was just cursed, and there was nothing to do about it until my mother kept mentioning that it seemed like autism (I had autistic traits growing up and still do), and I decided to look it up and find out for myself. When I told a family member, they were like "it took you this long to find out?!", so I CLEARLY know what I possibly have and am being tested for! So how should I put this... QUIT TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT I CARE ABOUT. YOU DON'T KNOW ME, SO EITHER GIVE SOMETHING HELPFUL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE OR JUST LEAVE. There are multiple times that I tried ignoring it, I have tried coping, and CLEARLY, NONE of it had worked! Stop trying to brush away my problems with your own! Do YOU have sensitive hearing? Has YOUR mother tried multiple times when you were a child to get you examined for autism? Have YOU felt alienated around other people or got stared at rudely when you just try to fit in and act normal but can't? Did YOU have to go through speech therapy or have an occupational therapist help to keep you from hitting your head because you couldn't speak? No? Then I don't have to listen if you just want to make up excuses. Is that autistic enough for you!? I joined this site, like everyone else did, to find some people who actually LISTEN and understand while sometimes having the same problems and to escape people like you who just brushes them off unto lame excuses to try to be normal! I before my sensitive hearing got worse, I used to wake up every day thinking thataybe today won't be so painful and loud. NOPE. WRONG AGAIN. I can't control the way my brain processes noise, so stop telling me I can do what I can't. I'm here to vent and take advice like most people on this site, and the others have given pretty good advice as to get earmuffs, order stuff from Walmart online, etc. Other than that, just assuming my problems and trying to brush off my sensitive hearing does not count as advice. I've tried ignoring it before, and LOOK HOW WORSE IT'S GOTTEN. NOW, I CAN'T EVEN DRIVE A 4 CYLINDER CAR WITHOUT HEADPHONES TO BLOCK OUT THE LOUD ENGINE AND WHISTLING ROADS! The only advice that seems reasonable is to buy stuff online or get noises canceling earmuffs like what was said above because just ignoring it only makes it worse and puts me into another meltdown that could cause self harm.

Reminder:

If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the report button. Do not reply to the thread. If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it.

General Rules & Guidelines

Ordinary Citizen,

First of all, you’re entitled to your opinion yet you’re wrong in your unprofessional assessment of how noise can, and does, affect people in different ways.

Second, I’ve seen several of your comments to others and they all seem take on a somewhat indignant and belittling feel about them. A little decency and respect for what others are going through will go a long way.

I said "perhaps" right?

Schizophrenic people have sensitive hearing too and they get irritated by sounds, but its in their head...

Many people who make up their negative reaction to things feel very real pain, however if they stop thinking about negative things then amount of pain they feel will go away...

Example i had sun burned this summer and every time i go to bed i felt severe desire to scratch my back, its called "Hell's itch" online, but me thinking about it like its nightmare something biting me i am helpless only made that itch worse and made me feel worse overall, especially while reading internet articles about it where people overreacting and blow it out of proportion that thing felt like a torture was scratching my back non stop. However when i lay down and actually try to think about it calmly it was not so bad i could even ignore it for most part and able go to sleep.
Point is, how you look at things has to do a lot with severity of effects you experience!

If nothing can help you then you pretty much sentenced for the rest of your life, no point talking about it anymore just find a way to deal with it. Clearly you care less about trying to help yourself.

Ordinary Citizen,

First of all, you’re entitled to your opinion yet you’re wrong in your unprofessional assessment of how noise can, and does, affect people in different ways.

Second, I’ve seen several of your comments to others and they all seem take on a somewhat indignant and belittling feel about them. A little decency and respect for what others are going through will go a long way.
Thank you!

2nd REMINDER:

If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it. Do not reply to the thread.

Replying to the thread includes discussing the matter with other members in the thread.

New Threads

Top Bottom