• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The things I miss out on...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
So this happened earlier in the month right here in Alberta... An auction, so many neat (rare) European cars... And I completely missed out on even hearing about it... My friend went, didn't tell me, I won't hold it against him... The car spotting would have been epic, and I missed out :(

On further analysis... I did nothing of any consequence on the Saturday for the auction preview, only a three hour drive from me... I know I'm ruminating on this far too much, just that I missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime, just simply for car spotting :rolleyes:

I find it hard to miss out on things also because it’s not too often I get my hopes up—disappointing.

I find it hard to miss out on things also because it’s not too often I get my hopes up—disappointing.
This isn't even FOMO necessarily... Just what I missed because I didn't even hear about it

I'm 99.999999% certain that I'll never see a Renault R4 Plein Air in my lifetime, it's such a rare car, stuff like that, just simply a missed opportunity, especially since I live in hinterland where such things pretty much don't exist...

Last edited:
I didnt check events for a while and I missed out on some, however hopeful for the fall opening of a dog park, after they promised 2 and kept none. They said they used the donations from the people to buy toys, I really wonder if they used the old ones or actually bought new ones, and if this is just another promise they aren't going to fulfill. I was wanting to see a dog park in rl for a while now.

That is so disappointing.

Is there some kind of club or social group of car enthusiasts in your area that shares information about events? Any Facebook group or something similar that you can join so you get frequent updates and details about upcoming events?

That is so disappointing.

Is there some kind of club or social group of car enthusiasts in your area that shares information about events? Any Facebook group or something similar that you can join so you get frequent updates and details about upcoming events?
I'm in some of those groups, but this is one that was never mentioned anywhere I saw

More of the story, and why the disappointment... As some of you know, I'm a classic car geek, with a particular interest in classic European cars, what that farm auction was all about

Back in 1999 I moved to Ontario from Alberta (born and raised here in Alberta), and had just discovered car show photography, film of course back then

For three summers I chased lots of car shows, mostly classic import car related (British/European), and there is so much of that in Ontario and all over eastern North America for that matter, there are so many unique and unusual classic cars in Ontario alone, perhaps a function of high population, perhaps a different classic car culture

In Autumn 2003 I moved back to Calgary, because I had only wanted to live in Ontario for a few years but I knew I was leaving a dynamic and active classic import car scene behind... Over the last 20 years, I have been involved in the classic car scene here, but for the cars I like nothing compares to Ontario... I have photographed "some" unique European cars here but not at the same volume... And there are cars I have not seen/photographed since moving back, simply because they probably aren't even here in Alberta...

I sometimes wish I could go back in time with digital photography and re-live those years with all the better photography I've learned since then, but then digital photography was in its infancy back then, it barely existed

There are other reasons why I still live here, it's where I grew up for one thing, plus the prairies and badlands, and I never liked how crowded in southern Ontario is... But I still have a twinge of regret sometimes

Thus, going to the auction preview - on the prairies! - would have been a real treat of seeing a bunch of oddball European cars

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom