• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The rudeness of others

SimplyWandering

I play a lot of phone games that consider themselves inclusive (lgbtqi friendly for example) such as pokemon go and ingress. These people are accepting of these groups, yet intolerant of those that ask repetitive questions or just need a sure answer...almost like Reddit. I've even met many of these ppl in real life on multiple occasions... why are people so accepting of the lgbt community yet at any chance will be rude to an individual that doesn't fit in or has neurological/ASD issues ( I ask a lot of questions, sometimes miss the same thing that was asked only minutes before) ?

Zero tolerance policies for racism, sexism, inequality exist here but for some reason that doesn't apply to people with mental health issues.... Why and when will it?

Does anyone see the hypocrisy here?

Last edited:
I play a lot of phone games that consider themselves inclusive (lgbtqi friendly for example) such as pokemon go and ingress. These people are accepting of these groups, yet intolerant of those that ask repetitive questions or just need a sure answer...almost like Reddit. I've even met many of these ppl in real life on multiple occasions... why are people so accepting of the lgbt community yet at any chance will be rude to an individual that doesn't fit in or has neurological/ASD issues ( I ask a lot of questions, sometimes miss the same thing that was asked only minutes before) ?

Zero tolerance policies for racism, sexism, inequality exist here but for some reason that doesn't apply to people with mental health issues.... Why and when will it?

It pains me to say this but probably never! Too many idiots online who think anyone who isn't in perfect mental and/or physical health is the R word (Retarded) or worse.

All that does apply to people with Mental Heath issues. People are just idiots about it.

All communities will have their toxicities and imbalances. it's inevitable.

I feel like calling them idiots brings us closer to being like them, but I could be wrong. :eek:

But I completely agree! I've never understood why some people are so annoyed by a question just because they believe you should know the answer or could possibly find the answer without asking them. Is the question that much of a burden that everyone needs to do whatever they can to avoid asking and finally asking is a last resort?

That's why I practically fall in love with anyone who kindly answers a question or kindly responds to confusion. Sometimes I think it's sad that something like that is an extraordinary quality, but I try to just think about the good part, about how awesome they are. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, some online communities have some members who truly do not celebrate all differences. It is the same old story of the oppressed group becoming the oppressor.

Maybe there is not enough awareness of mental conditions, so people don't know how to act around you, or they don't know how to help. Also, I ask a lot of questions, too. I annoy my family greatly, because I ask questions repetitively. It might be part of my ocd...

I think about this a lot.
I can sadly admit that I am one of the idiots who do not have patience to answer questions. I think that the others should know the answers, because they are so obvious and logical, to me...but not to them, and I am only just starting to understand that, I always assume that the others are the same as me, but now I know they are not.
At the same time I see that when I make questions, which is rare, some people do not answer in a good mood and others are kind, so now I try to copy the good examples of patience and kindness I encounter in my life and I ignore the bad ones. Who am I to criticise if I am just as bad?

Last edited:
I feel like a lot of people are just very uneducated. They don't really understand ASD, so they judge you. It's a shame.

Despite difficulties in life I feel generally happy as I believe in being happy making the most of life rudeness of others makes me very upset and I drink too much due to it and don't do worthwhile things, but I would rather live my life helping people and being friendly rather than being rude. Sometimes others can be rude in plain site or pretend they are doing nothing wrong or pretend they are good.

I would love to see people who commit disability hate crimes be put in jail. One of my friends also with Asperger's, was once called a mongo in a nightclub, just now, a group of three in a bar I'm in are laughing at me and mocking me. I am angry but I will be the bigger person and not make a scene.

There is something about people who have a habit of mocking and hurting other people for no reason: imo the bullies and perpetrators are by far more mentally ill than their victims.

Remember the old Samuel Johnson quote. “Kindness is in our power even when fondness is not.”

It doesn’t require any emotion whatsoever to act with kindness & respect, & restraint.

Does anyone see the hypocrisy here?
I am the type of person who, if I do not feel I understand an answer, I will repeat questions, and some people get frustrated.
Anybody who is rude to someone who is neuro divergens has a problem and it is not yours.

I think people are still not very accepting of neurodivergent people. I get annoyed and frustrated by people's behavior (though I would never make fun of someone or be rude to them about it) , but I think that coming here and interacting with with people here has made me a bit more patient and understanding.

People who are rude cause me immense stress and as a result I forget a lot of things for example I enjoy reading about music artists maybe their discographies and someone will ask me a music question and I can't answer or in a question based board game a question

New Threads

Top Bottom