• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Rationale Behind My Social Security Denial

I’m continuing to fight the denial. Starting with getting a copy of the hearing tape, listening to it, then re-reading my denial notice and formulating my appeal.

Sorry they denied you and you have to keep fighting this. It looks to me like they denied you at step 5--or perhaps step 4 now that I read your later post-- in their D section (see link at the end).

Surprised they denied you, if you never had any substantial gainful employment before, and if you have any Autism type diagnosis, as I know several that had even just had a PDD-NOS diagnosis then (considered very mild Autism) that still got disability benefits prior the Appeals Council, and as I believe the SSA generally considers any diagnosis on the Autism Spectrum as one of the mental health conditions that are listed high as potentially being a disabling condition.

It would seem like a disability lawyer would be needed to uncover any of the Administrative Law Judges errors in their ruling, to overturn that decision, and for the Appeals Council to be on their best legal behavior. It's one thing to sometimes prevail at the Initial stage and Reconsideration Stages without a lawyer, but once you get to the ALJ stage a competent disability lawyer is strongly preferred, and for the Appeals Council Stage, it seems almost essential.

SSA - POMS: DI 22001.001 - Sequential Evaluation of Title II and Title XVI Adult Disability Claims - 02/16/2018

Also, I will send a non-government link privately to you (not posting it publicly as it may or may not be allowed) that could help you much for this specific matter, too, if you were not aware of that place before.

Last edited:
Also, I will send a non-government link privately to you (not posting it publicly as it may or may not be allowed) that could help you much for this specific matter, too, if you were not aware of that place before.
AFAIK, all links are okay here as long as they are neither spam nor obscene.

And you sometimes step out of your comfort zone to get jobs. It's hard for us.
Boy l have screw up interviews before.

AFAIK, all links are okay here as long as they are neither spam nor obscene.

Great. That other link was the SSDFacts.com website that has lots of free disability information, statistics, forms, a forum for disabled and those going through the process and appeals stages, and so on...

@Andrew206

Hi, I’m new here and was reading the situation you are in and would like to try to help.

I’m no lawyer but did get on disability in 2015, I had applied the first time in 2012. I am sharing what I was told, what I did and what worked.

Andrew to get disability you will need to get a lawyer, and it will not cost you out of your pocket until you get a bunch of money and don’t worry you will have enough to pay the lawyer. Please let me explain. I was told that you could not get disability without a lawyer. I didn’t believe people at first, but as sick as I was couldn’t get it without one.

They (the lawyer) will take their pay money out of your “Back Pay”, this is money you will get going back to when you first applied BUT you do not get this money until you win the case. Again, you WILL NEED a lawyer.

To this day, I personally do not know anyone that got it unless their doctor ordered it (or they were blind w one foot in the grave) without a lawyer.

Please remember, you will not have to pay the lawyer out of your pocket and they will only take their pay, which will probably be about a fourth or fifth of your money you will get going back to when you first applied.

I’m not a lawyer fan, just trying to help you get what you need and it appears from the part of the world I’ve been in getting disability without a lawyer is just about impossible.

I sure hope this helps. If you have any questions please send me a PM I’ll be happy to help you all I can.

God bless :)

New Threads

Top Bottom