• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Obscure and Unusual cars thread.

maycontainthunder

May also contain missing cakes.
V.I.P Member
While out on your travels if you see an unusual car or know of one post about it here. To start the thread rolling here is the Triumph Dolomite but not the one you are thinking of from the 70s!
Triumph_Dolomite_Saloon_1938_(1).jpg

Triumph Dolomite (1934–1940) - Wikipedia

1957 BMW Isotta
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2009

BMW Isotta.jpg

57 Isotta Rear.jpg

Generous seating for one. :oops:

Last edited:
1950 Mercury Monterey - Chopped and Dropped. :cool:
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2010

50 Chopped Mercury.jpg

Just your average garden-variety Batmobile...
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2012

Batmobile.jpg

Typical Road Rage-Ready "Rat Rod"
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2018

Rat Rod.jpg

Unidentified Stationary Object
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2015

USO.jpg

Looks like it was once a Ford. Now, who knows? A rear-engine Ford-Fiat hybrid? LOL. o_O

Last edited:
Not very unusual. But in the production run of the Mark III, Mr2 Spyder, only about 30,000 were sold in North America. Here is my 2001. I have run it at a track and it is a fun, nimble, car. At 2,200 lb I can brake later and turn in later than heavier cars, keeping a lot of momentum through curves. I enjoy its mid engine as very well balanced.
20201007_160448.jpg

Norways attempt at making a car, the Troll. Yes, we made a car and named it Troll :) It's a sports car made of fibreglass, built on a Gutbrod Superior frame with a 700cc two-stroke engine... It was in production from 1956 to 1958. When it was shut down in 1958, four cars had been produced... Four. So this is a rare car.

troll.jpg

After making the Troll in the 1950s, we tried again and made an electric car. The Th!nk City. It was produced by the company Think Global and their production partner Valmet Automotive in Finland from 2008 to 2012. It is a small (barely) highway capable vehicle, with a top speed of 110 kilometres per hour (68 mph) and an all-electric range of 160 kilometres (99 mi) on a full charge. And it sucked all day long.

think.png

Last edited:
Messerschmitt KR-200

KR-200.jpg

Yeah. THAT Messerschmitt. :cool:

1971 DeTomaso Pantera

Pantera.jpg

Typical Road Rage-Ready "Rat Rod"
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2018

View attachment 77888

Unidentified Stationary Object
"Hot August Nights" Reno, Nevada 2015

View attachment 77889

Looks like it was once a Ford. Now, who knows? A rear-engine Ford-Fiat hybrid? LOL. o_O

One thing I envy you Americans for, you can make rat rods and all sorts of things and legally drive it on roads. That is not possible here. Your car must fit certain criteria and if it is an inch wrong, it is not road legal. The law and the rules for cars are so incredibly difficult. You can't legally change much.

One thing I envy you Americans for, you can make rat rods and all sorts of things and legally drive it on roads. That is not possible here. Your car must fit certain criteria and if it is an inch wrong, it is not road legal. The law and the rules for cars are so incredibly difficult.

Nevada is probably the most automobile friendly state in the union. I know other states are not quite so accommodating. But then we have other things like prostitution that are totally prohibited elsewhere.

If you have claustrophobia don't watch the clip a peel 50 is being driven the worlds smallest car.

I saw that episode. It was priceless watching him skip the parking lot and drive it into a grocery store to do a little shopping. Car stuck! Aisle three! :D

After making the Troll in the 1950s, we tried again and made an electric car. The Th!nk City. It was produced by the company Think Global and their production partner Valmet Automotive in Finland from 2008 to 2012. It is a small (barely) highway capable vehicle, with a top speed of 110 kilometres per hour (68 mph) and an all-electric range of 160 kilometres (99 mi) on a full charge. And it sucked all day long.

View attachment 77897
Sucked all day long :]]]]

New Threads

Top Bottom