• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The most scared you have ever been...

yes I've just been watching footage on YouTube it looks bad :confused:

The worst aspect of them from my own perspective is simple. The surprise/shock factor. They happen in an instant leaving most people in a state of confusion, where they don't always do the most prudent things to protect themselves. Myself included, of course. :oops:

Afterwards you become jumpy over all the aftershocks...whatever their intensity may or may not be.

The worst aspect of them from my own perspective is simple. The surprise/shock factor. They happen in an instant leaving most people in a state of confusion, where they don't always do the most prudent things to protect themselves. Myself included, of course. :oops:

Afterwards you become jumpy over all the aftershocks...whatever their intensity may or may not be.
it's totally natural that you do that !it's a big sign saying death !
i'm part of the not prudent club! breathing in fire retardant when the Fire Brigade tell you not to do it !the chest infection I got from breathing it in has been a good reminder .

it's totally natural that you do that !it's a big sign saying death !
i'm part of the not prudent club! breathing in fire retardant when the Fire Brigade tell you not to do it !the chest infection I got from breathing it in has been a good reminder .

Truth is it all happens too fast to do much of anything, other than to shout, "Oh sh*t!" :eek:

Truth is it all happens too fast to do much of anything, other than to shout, "Oh sh*t!" :eek:
it made me think about schoolchildren in Japan !do they remember the earthquake routine they are taught !I've never seen any evidence about what happens.

it made me think about schoolchildren in Japan !do they remember the earthquake routine they are taught !I've never seen any evidence about what happens.

Nice to be a child in class during an earthquake where you can immediately take refuge under your desk.

The only catastrophe I had to deal with while in school was the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. Where hiding under my desk was a rather futile gesture. :eek:

Especially being somewhat close to a major military target. Where my class left the building to remain in a wooden area for hours before the teachers and staff simply let us go home. No doubt the adults were considerably more rattled by that than their students.

An experience that luckily in my case was more bewildering than scary. Except seeing my mother cry a lot and see my father "disappear" to a classified location at the time. That was unsettling...but I was just a little kid back then. Imagine finding out your family is "expendable" while your father isn't. o_O

The "place to be" for select individuals in the event of nuclear holocaust during the Cold War. The Greenbrier Hotel, West Virginia. Long since declassified. A state secret exposed by the press.

240px-Greenbrier1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to be a child in class during an earthquake where you can immediately take refuge under your desk.

The only catastrophe I had to deal with while in school was the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. Where hiding under my desk was a rather futile gesture. Especially being somewhat close to a major military target. Where my class left the building to remain in a wooden area for hours before the teachers and staff simply let us go home. No doubt the adults were considerably more rattled by that than their students.

An experience that luckily in my case was more bewildering than scary. Except seeing my mother cry a lot and see my father "disappear" to a classified location at the time. That was unsettling...but I was just a little kid back then.
I had fire drills at school I don't think they really helped!it's not the same as smelling fire!
One thing I will never understand why did my mother think going to funeral would be completely unbearable and dangerous for a child .
all that happened was I missed an opportunity to be with my uncle who I would never see again because he died .

I'd imagine they're taught to form an orderly queue behind the teacher, and definitely NOT go all "Panic Stations!", well that's what they used to teach us at school when they did fire drills and stuff.

what were your other pictures apart from the one above they didn't upload thanks
The same one. Iit kept failing, then I couldn't remove the failed ones.

There are many more of this reptile.

I'm not saying he definitely would have eaten the royal baby...

Baby%20George.jpg

Yeah, and even our scorpions are mostly harmless.

The worst Australian wildlife are vinegar flies.

I can cope with venomous snake, and huge spiders, but flies that drink your wine!?!

That is nature taking the piss.

There have been a couple of times. Once when I was at Disney World on a band trip. We went on the Tower of Terror. This is a ride where the floor gives away and you move up and down while strapped in. At that time, I was very skinny. Right at the floor gave away on the ride, I discovered that I was so skinny that the seatbelt could not hold me in properly. Holding onto the lap bar as tightly as I could was the only way I avoided getting flung up into the air. I had no idea if I was going to die on that ride. After it was over, I was too shook up to tell the operators what happened. I promised myself that I would never go on a ride like that again.

The other time was when my family went hiking in the smokey mountains. I'm deathly afraid of butterflies and they were all over that trail. I tried to hold out for my family's sake. I did pretty well for a bit as I could go to the other side of the trail and look down whenever there was a butterfly. But we reached a point where there were eight butterflies in the middle of the trail. Seeing my cousin run over to them and sit down with them all swarming over was the breaking point. I snapped. I started sobbing loudly and begging my dad for us to turn back. I couldn't stop crying. None of us had any idea that my fear of butterflies was that bad. Finally, my dad agree that my brother and I could turn back. Getting back was very difficult, as I wanted to sprint back to the car, but I had a sprained ankle and couldn't move fast. My brother would run ahead of me, check for any random butterflies, and then report back to me when it was same to move on. Both this butterfly incident and that time at the Tower of Terror I will never forget. (shudders)

Paul hogan?

Other australians.....

Remember that Wildlife bloke who died a few years back? He tangled with some very dangerous creatures, until eventually he died after getting stung by a Stingray.

Ah yes! Just remembered his name! Steve Irwin! Apparently he was a nice enough bloke, but mad as a box of Frogs.

The scariest time of my life was December 23rd a few years ago; When those storms were raging across the South.

I was so terrified that a tornado was going to leave us without a home. That I'd be stuck wearing the night gown I had been wearing that night for God knows how long. That we might not even have my Aunt's house to stay at that time, like after the fire. That I wouldn't even have Christmas.

Guess what else? We had to go in the storm shelter twice. I didn't sleep well that night, suffice to say. Even a slightly-less-white cloud used to make me consider staying at home no matter what.

This moment was one of many, many catalysts leading to me becoming the paranoid, news-avoiding mess I am today. If you were ever wondering how that happened.

New Threads

Top Bottom