• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

No Victor, you can never have too many books!! No such thing ;)
still(only had it three and two years )got to read but not easy
Trial new-1562754990.jpg
s-l300.jpg

An American-made chimney for an antique Aladdin kerosene lamp.
These are a highly innovative form of oil lamp that uses a mantle like a Coleman lantern or a Welsbach light, and they were invented in 1908.
I don't have a big lamp budget so finding an antique, USA-made locking chimney for the Model B burner on my lamp is pretty cool.

A replacement left Valve Index Knuckle controller on eBay. I hope the person sends it and it works. It is for using VR (virtual reality) on my PC. Unfortunately the controllers for this system break a lot. This one did not last two months. I have never had any other thing I own break so often or easily.

The new VR systems are not out yet and I cannot know when they will be for sale. The Index is the I think best for now and I already own it. I did not want to put more money into it, I want to replace it with something new and better but this is a grey period: the current VR systems are old now but the new stuff is not yet available. So keeping what I have going seemed my only choice.

I am waiting to hear back from Steam - the part of Valve that makes the equipment, to respond to my request for a warranty replacement. They are not responding, I think eventually they will. I do not like them making it so hard for me to get help. If the controller I bought arrives and works it will mean I do not have to worry so much waiting for Steam to help.

A cotton corduroy Norfolk jacket.

These are much more structured than the average blazer and a lot more practical for running around outside doing stupid stuff (basically the way I live half the time.) Popular at the turn of the last century but now increasingly difficult to find. I've wanted one of these for awhile.

1663935680058.png

Yesterday I bought this cute little rubbery toy guinea pig dressed in a removable rubbery butterfly costume. There were many different costumed guinea pigs, but I liked the butterfly one best because of the flappy pink wings on it.

20220925_193119.jpg

20220925_193045.jpg

Hexagonal bolstered hammer thru screwdriver set.
The hex lets you apply more torque with a wrench as you strike the drivers with a hammer to shock loosen a stuck screw.

Update: the shirt and plushy arrived! The mangas also arrived too. ^_^

Attachments

• 56B9DF6A-A977-4E1B-82BC-D97F14852B79.jpeg
    56B9DF6A-A977-4E1B-82BC-D97F14852B79.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 5C0EF2B4-41B5-44A0-B99E-1EF28B872CEA.jpeg
    5C0EF2B4-41B5-44A0-B99E-1EF28B872CEA.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 34
Today, Alfred C. Gilbert M.D. decided that this needed added to my museum

Sold somewhere in the 30s and 40s, this is a fine example of what the A.C.Gilbert Company had to offer in their line of teaching "toys"

20220927_121617.jpg

20220927_121642.jpg

Attic fresh, as found

Unique to their line was very cleverly designed items that enhanced their usability.
20220927_154709.jpg
20220927_154811.jpg
How amazing is it that this survived all these years with D cell batteries from an era when they were sold for 15 cents?
A testament to their claim of being leakproof.
I remember as a kid if you left dead batteries in your toy or flashlight for a short while after the batteries were dead which was generally super quick, you no longer had a usable item.
20220927_121832.jpg

What child doesn't need to play with carbon tetrachloride.
And for your pyrotechnic experiments, there was also a vial of potassium nitrate :p
Thionine sounds fun too.
Not.

20220927_153841.jpg

Check this bad-boy out.
Don't see these anymore either.
Ain't it cool?

Even though there are some absent pieces, I sorted thru the case and placed most of the items inside back in their proper places.
She is ready to go on display soon!

Last edited:
A chimney cleanout door. It's used to get access to the chimney so you can remove all the loose debris and crap after it has been swept. I have to chisel a old, very rusty hatch out of a chimney and install this one. So that's boring. Nothing to write home about.

1664314068178.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom