• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

8 cold-stored APS films for a tenner, expired, obviously as APS as a format died in 2011-but apparently APS is pretty 'bombproof' because the canister is so protective and show no deterioration even ten years past expiry. Many places still process APS for a similar or the same price as 35mm. I got the APS version of my canon EOS camera for really cheap and it uses the same lenses. APS as a film format is inferior to 35mm but superior to 110 (which is also undergoing a resurgence). I like the grainy lo-fi look of APS and there is a huge nostalgia element for me too, my last film camera up until the mid-noughties, was APS.

This week I had great sales at my local Meijer's

I bought on Monday:

An Apple Watch 42mm standard one at 10% off, I had $28 in rewards credit at the store on top of it.
The final cost with 6% sales tax was $303 (it would have been $371 at full price).
I also got a $15 iTunes card and a vanilla frappicino that day too.

At Best Buy later that day I bought blue yarn Yoshi Amiibo for $8 due to a a $10 off coupon I had.

On Tuesday I went back to buy a pair of work boots at Meijer's, because I was waiting for the rewards credit from buying the Apple Watch to be calculated.

So the Work Boots (I don't wear regular shoes anymore) cost me $38 (they were marked down to $50 from $70 and I had $12 in rewards credit).
I also bought $40 in Nintendo eShop cards, because I had a 30% off Birthday coupon from Nintendo to spend on a game.
I redeemed the credit on their eShop and used it on Yoshi's Wooly World for my Wii U (cost me $35)

Anyways I had originally budgeted $400 to buy the  Watch 42mm.

So I got all that for $388 leaving $12 left over.
I will spend the remaining $12 Mongolian BBQ (all you can eat make your own stir fry place tomorrow when my cousin comes).

My one doctor wanted me to get the high end Fitbit or smartwatch to get sleep data on me and other medical data...
The  Watch was the best option due to it's huge app store/ecosystem and Apple supporting it with constant OS updates and new OSs.

Fitbits and Android Wear smartwatches lack the functionality and integration of  Watch with iPhone and Mac and don't receive updates or most apps (OEMs purposely don't update them)... it made  Watch the better choice for me.

I get great sleep data from Sleep ++ 2.0, good calorie and movement data from my  Watch, I get to take my texts from iPhone and Mac on my  Watch.... etc...
I also love using it as an alarm clock in the morning... it wakes me up my vibrating my wrist instead of an abhorrent noise (I can also set the alarm for all the days if I want...)

Ok my Birthdayish shopping spree has ended.

For my camping trip to Angel Island in two weeks (it's in the middle of San Francisco Bay, reachable only by ferry, so excited):

- Two compressible pillows
- Two stainless steel plates
- A packet of pumpkin spice just add water pancake mix
- A small fry pan
- A too-large windbreaker, which, given the low price and my laziness about returning it, I may just fit with a channel for a drawstring waist, if I can bear to drag out the sewing machine
- Campsuds citronella/lavender soap

Fat milk (which is what i call full cream milk. Thin milk is skimmed milk) and tobacco. I know it's a bad habit. But life is bad to me too. Now's not the time to quit and to be honest, right now, I know I should, but I don't give a f***.
I might move over to the ranting room......

New Ghost Busters game on Xbox One (£35), played it for half an hour and I was literally like, WTH? I paid 35 quid for this?!

Last edited by a moderator:
A large bag of milano espresso coffee beans that will last for two months. Two large baskets of strawberries for strawberry jam. Three dozen kirby cucumbers for pickles. A box of kosher salt, two large containers of white vinegar.

I got this bicycle yesterday for $10.
It is a mid 1970s bike with a Sturmey-Archer 3 speed planetary rear hub. I got it to part it out then decided it was a bit too nice to send to the scrap. We pumped the tires up and they held air so I took it for a spin and fell in love with her.

Today after I had some time,I fixed some items on it,adjusted it and cleaned it up. It's a keeper :)

rusty and dirty
20160717_134051.jpg
20160717_134107.jpg

Shiny as she'll get and ready for the long haul ;)

20160717_182940.jpg
20160717_183010.jpg

Today after I had some time,I fixed some items on it,adjusted it and cleaned it up. It's a keeper :)

Nice bike Nitro, had something similar and it was that blue and the hub looked almost like that one. Good memories, the only thing I didn't like about the bike were the fenders rattling. This is the bike I use the most now:

Marin-Terra-Linda-wc2.jpeg

Nice bike Nitro, had something similar and it was that blue and the hub looked almost like that one. Good memories, the only thing I didn't like about the bike were the fenders rattling. This is the bike I use the most now:

Marin-Terra-Linda-wc2.jpeg
I like it!

I like it!

Me too, I can pick it up with one hand its so light.

The only thing missing on your blue bike are streamers coming out of the handle grips that sparkle like mine did when I was a child:) My Dad bought bike parts from a neighbor and put it together and painted it blue, and put streamers on it, I'll never forget him rolling it out of the garage on my birthday. :) It's still the best bike I ever owned.

Does paying the property taxes count as *buying something*?

I walked over to the Township Hall this morning and paid the taxes,
again. The first time was a week ago, but then they sent out a Corrected
Bill and wouldn't accept anyone's payment that was based on the first
statement.

They had charged Interest on everyone's taxes and so any person who
paid based on that assessment paid too much. The Township isn't
accepting over-payments and refunding the excess. They are just sending
out Corrected Bills.

There weren't any dead animals by the side of the road today when I
walked over there. This was novel.

Me too, I can pick it up with one hand its so light.

The only thing missing on your blue bike are streamers coming out of the handle grips that sparkle like mine did when I was a child:) My Dad bought bike parts from a neighbor and put it together and painted it blue, and put streamers on it, I'll never forget him rolling it out of the garage on my birthday. :) It's still the best bike I ever owned.
Neato idea...I just ordered a pair of 'em and some metalflake handgrips :p

New Threads

Top Bottom