• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

(100) three foot lengths of balsa wood:
20190822_182155.jpg

Retail on this one is what I handed over for the box:
20190822_182202.jpg

Emeril (All-Clad Metals) copper/aluminum cored stainless 8" saute pan for $1.50 today because I got the senior citizen discount :p
20190822_185354.jpg

Offset right and left handed sheetmetal shears
20190829_173939.jpg

Made in the U S of A to boot :cool:
20190829_173949.jpg

I have a full set of Ryobi cordless tools that were given to me.
They all use the weaker heavier NiCad batteries.
Fortunately, Ryobi had the foresight to make their 18 volt One+ system of tools all share the same battery.
When they upgraded their line to LiPo batteries, they continued with the backwards compatibility of the older tools to the better batteries.

Someone \gave me a Ryobi LiPo battery, but the NiCad charger wasn't compatible with the LiPo charging method.
A replacement Lipo charger and two OEM batteries was available for around $100.

Yesterday, I found this score of both lightly used tools, two batteries and a universal charger in a resale shop for $75

20190907_091448.jpg

The yellow battery in the charger, center, is the bulkier NiCad
The battery to the right of the charger is a Lipo

The tool to the left is a two speed drill.
To the right is an impact driver.

That will double up that pair of tools in the set which will increase productivity on the jobsite.

Last edited:
Estwing hammer for $12.00 at a St. Vincent de Paul charity outlet. It's a 22 ounce, slightly used framing hammer, not as big as the one I bought my husband many years ago:
p_1000102923.jpg
Picture from the net of a new one. The one I bought has a handle with some slight discoloration.

Estwing hammer for $12.00 at a St. Vincent de Paul charity outlet. It's a 22 ounce, slightly used framing hammer, not as big as the one I bought my husband many years ago:
p_1000102923.jpg
Picture from the net of a new one. The one I bought has a handle with some slight discoloration.

Good hammers, they are very well balanced. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom