• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

An extra Lucky Dip on the Lottery because it was a 6.6 Million Rollover on Wednesday.

Didn't win anything though, but I almost never do anyway... Well I did win about 3 quid on Tuesday.

20181114_180646.jpg

The perfect autie phone :D
When the phone rings, it becomes animated as each of the characters first move then refuse to answer it while telling you their own reasons why.

I bought a bag full of old tools for $1 about a month ago that had a broken vintage Sears Craftsman 1/4 inch drive in it.
Last week, I bought a Craftsman screwdriver that was shot for another dollar.

Today, I did my broken tool exchange at a Sears store where I replaced several trashed out screwdrivers and the junk 32 tooth ratchet.

The very superior 82 tooth replacement ratchet I got for it retails at $25.99.
The screwdriver had a $7.78 price tag on it.

20181114_184340.jpg

All told, I got a $31.77 return on investment on the $2 I laid on the barrel head :p

The "scam" wins again :cool:

A 1967 Motor's parts and labor rate manual.
This manual covers my 1966 Chevrolet Caprice which shows a labor only price for removing and replacing the V-8 engine assembly including the transfer of accessories to the tune $61.60.
The standard dealership labor rate was 7 USD per hour at that point in time.
You would be hard pressed to find a Chevrolet dealer who had a labor rate under $100/ hour today.

The parts prices are precious, some looking rather expensive, while others for mere pennies.
For example, a new OEM starter motor assembly for $47.83 or the brushes to repair one for $.29.
In other words, $47.83 in 1967 is equivalent in purchasing power to $362.14 in 2018, a difference of $314.31 over 51 years.
A new OEM starter for a 2018 Chevrolet truck V-8 will only set you back about $144.17.

A set of OEM 1966 Chevrolet brushes today will set you back $12.12
as opposed to the inflation adjusted price of $2.20/ $.29

My how times have changed the numbers :eek:

67 motors.jpg

Once a pistonhead, always a pistonhead :p

A "Day Rider" on the Tram for the carer this afternoon, and then 3 packs of AA batteries from Pound Land, and a Happy Meal from McDonald's (Pardon? I'm 42 for flip sake. too old for kids' meals) and a plain Cheeseburger.

Hah, a new Bunn coffeemaker. My 4-cup Mr. Coffee died Thanksgiving morning.

I. Was. P*ssed.

Fortunately, I have a pourover, so not all was lost but a bit of time.

You can never go wrong with a Bunn. :coffee:

Book

Rail tickets from Leamington Spa to Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, departing on 28 December and returning on 1 January. I'm seeing the New Year in on a walking break. :) The tickets literally went on sale today.

Last edited:
Fuel for the car.

Although I don’t know why I drive this new one, I hate the clutch.

It’s a tiny Citroen c1,
I really dislike gear changes in the piddling little thing.

Fuel for the car.

Although I don’t know why I drive this new one, I hate the clutch.

It’s a tiny Citroen c1,
I really dislike gear changes in the piddling little thing.

Get an Automatic, then you don't have to do the gears.

Today I went to the flea Market and got a couple of Pop Funko figures of Boris and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.:) Then I went shopping in the nearby stores and got a couple of gift cards to some restaurant chains and the movies for my brother and his wife for Christmas, a LOL Suprise doll capsule, a stuffed animal from a thrift store, and some hot dogs and sausages for groceries this week.

thumbnail.jpg

Purchased this job today. Got a good deal. Drove 70 miles each way through heavy rain and wind to get home before the blizzard started. Remembered after the blizzard started that there was probably water in the pump, so I had to go out and deliver them to their new home before it froze. The job part will be installing the vent, and the water, electric, and drain lines.

A Christmas stocking shaped like a mermaid's tail with those flippable sequins on it.
Homer Simpson doughnut-flavored Tic Tacs.
A large Kinder's Surprise Egg with a Smurf figure inside it.
And some boring old groceries such as milk, cheese, toilet paper, canned mushrooms, canned peas and carrots. And cookies.

New Threads

Top Bottom