• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that made you laugh

Scooter, my NT driver, was trying to fix something on my truck for me and, he wasn't having any success so, he stopped, yelled at the truck then proceeded to mimic my foot twisting stim in a very exaggerated way. His reply when I asked him what that was about - "It always works for you, things behave after you yell and shake your foot at them." The both of us went and had an "Aspie" talk with the truck. It's repaired now. LOL

My dad was pretending to act like me. I say pretend because he does a terrible job. But anyway, he tried one of my stims, jumping and flapping arms, and he looked like a duck that couldn't get air lift. Later he told me that I make it look easy, but when he tries it, he looks like a goof. I told him that only Aspies can pull stuff like that off.

Reading an article that said polls are beginning to show Trump could actually win.

I've been trying to relearn Spanish and teach myself Italian. I decided that since I am at it I may as well teach myself German too...this is all because I am considering several European countries to do a post-doc or two in. Anyway, trying to phonetically pronounce Italian when I already have quite superb book smarts for Spanish is easy. I have to pause and panic because things come out so easily.
But then I started trying to learn German. I gag or pronounce all of it with a Spanish accent. So I've been laughing myself to tears.

But then I started trying to learn German. I gag or pronounce all of it with a Spanish accent. So I've been laughing myself to tears.

You reminded me of seeing the German Head of State (at the time) visit Mexico and the welcoming Marachi Band start to play the German Anthem.

It's a fun language to speak

Dinner - Just Scalper and me tonight (Scalper is one of my bodyguards) so, I decided to make sloppy joes only I prefer ground rabbit to ground poultry so, I used ground rabbit to make the sloppy joes then, when I told Scalper it was ready, I told him that I wasn't sure the sloppy joe turned out and, that I thought it was sloppy hoppy instead. He literally fell over laughing.

I know we use ROFLMAO but Scalper actually was rolling on the floor, laughing over a silly name for tonight's dinner.

I had to clap when I saw this.

Funny story how he earned that nickname. He is divorced now but he had a wife, two sons of his own, two step sons and, a step daughter when he lived in Florida. Every year he would shave all of the kids' heads because every year the school they went to had lice problems so, his kids and step kids all took to calling him Scalper. Now he shaves his own head, makes him look tougher and meaner, or so he says - he's a teddy bear, the sort of guy that would saw off his right arm and give it to you if he thought it would help you.

Funny story how he earned that nickname. He is divorced now but he had a wife, two sons of his own, two step sons and, a step daughter when he lived in Florida. Every year he would shave all of the kids' heads because every year the school they went to had lice problems so, his kids and step kids all took to calling him Scalper. Now he shaves his own head, makes him look tougher and meaner, or so he says - he's a teddy bear, the sort of guy that would saw off his right arm and give it to you if he thought it would help you.
Aww <3<3. But how did they get lice problems every single year? That must be one dirty school.

You reminded me of seeing the German Head of State (at the time) visit Mexico and the welcoming Marachi Band start to play the German Anthem.

It's a fun language to speak
That must have been a once in a lifetime experience.
I am going to have to invest in an audio book to teach myself eventually. German is a useful language, and it's mingled into the native languages of several countries that are big in my research field. It would be nice to know it well enough that I don't have to teach myself any other languages to get by, should I manage to finally backpack- research my way through Europe after all.

New Threads

Top Bottom