• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Kingdom of Us - A Netflix documentary

The Midge

V.I.P Member
I hope the documentary somewhat helped the children, at least by giving them some financial help and it will also encourage other charitable organisations to help. It's extremely sad that he saw no other solution but to take his own life to avoid any more pain, it's a controversial decision as some will see him as very selfish for leaving his family behind to suffer the aftermath.

At least the way society generally looks at suicide has improved over the years, attempting suicide used to be thought of my most as sinful and even an act of blasphemy. Rather than receiving help, people who attempted suicide used to be condemned, it was illegal and was also known as "self murder", many people still use the expression "commit suicide" where the word "commit" was originally used because you were committing a crime. You could even go to prison for attempting suicide (at least you did in the UK) and if you succeeded you would be buried like a condemned criminal, please see When suicide was illegal for more history on the views and penalties of suicide.

Last edited:
I read about this a couple of days ago. I'm really interested to watch it.

New Threads

Top Bottom