• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The human uber

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
My idea,years ago, about getting a carboard cut out of myself to leave at work..

Has been 'modernised'

'Human uber' lets you pay someone to live your life for you
A new "human Uber" could let you pay someone to live your life for you.

Japanese researcher Jun Rekimoto has developed a special screen that can be strapped to a person's face and allow them to live on your behalf. By dressing up as you and having your face shown where theirs usually is, you'll be able to pay someone to go about your life instead.

The technology is aimed at allowing someone – a "surrogate" – to live your life for you, wearing your clothes and behaving on your instruction. You, on the other hand, would be able to lounge at home, watching events through your laptop and using its camera to communicate with people your surrogate meets.

I think I will hang back and you all enjoy this one...

I kind of like being me, even though I don't exactly know what that is sometimes.

My brain would start the over thinking thing, and that uber dude would be freaking out...

Just not a super good visual and I would have to watch my freak show in real time from some remote place.

Just weird... but cool : )

Reminds me of the old practice of paying
for a substitute to serve in the military.

I find this a little strange.

Can’t wrap my head around why anyone would try this.

More money than sense?

If you’re going to be at home watching why not just be out there anyway, if you’re that interested.

I was going to write it seems a little sneaky, tricksy but no, I find the idea plain strange.

It would be handy if a person were confined
for an extended period of time, due to contagious illness
or inability to move.

It isn't so very different from using a telephone to
talk to someone instead of traveling to speak with
them face to face.

New Threads

Top Bottom