• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Flow of Momentum

I would write essays in a hurry while being attuned to a certain type of energy to see how much I could get done. They would turn out so well I would barely need to edit them and I would still get a good grade.
I'm glad you brought this up as you've reminded me about something I used to do.

Before my laptop keyboard started playing up and I explored speech to text options, when I'd get into the flow, my fingers would move quickly, the words would come out easily and there was almost no editing necessary afterwards, except for maybe a few typos. Clarity was really similar to the way it has developed using speech to text.

Had the failing keyboard not encouraged me to choose this method, I would never have discovered how much more expressive and authentic I can be when using my voice.

While I do share those recordings sometimes, on a forum they are not so easy to respond to. There's no way to quote something, and it's not straightforward to return to or re-consider a portion like you can with text.

Transcription can be a drag though if I forget that I'm going to transcribe and just speak naturally; I just end up with a single wall of text. However, if I remember to include punctuation when I'm speaking, which I'm a lot better at doing now, while those recordings aren't really shareable any more, they are much nicer to edit.

Last edited:
Even then, I will have the urge to re-read and fiddle, never fully satisfied that I have actually found all the right words and put them in the correct order.
Yes, exactly. All the right words in exactly the right order, like creating a literary Concerto with everything just where it needs to be. If a single note is out of place it just doesn't sound right.

I am not sure that what goes on in my head is anything like what you describe, but I was compelled to add my one-and-a-half cents.
I think it's quite a lot like I describe, just with your own unique flavour added in.

I'm glad you were only compelled to add one-and-a-half cents worth of insight... a full two cents might have been too much ;)

I will actually read authors based on their writing style. The right flow of words combined to create a Concerto as @SimonSays.

The Victorian authors seem to have this down so well, because they spent so much time crafting the final product.

In my law position, every letter was tweaked to have not one extra word and to sound law like, totally cold and impersonal with just a twat of bureaucracy dribble just encase you were unclear what you were reading. It seems that so many here are excellent at expressing their thoughts because to do so socially is not going to happen.

New Threads

Top Bottom