• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The coolest thing you've bought recently

. . .

V.I.P Member
What's the coolest thing you've bought recently (by "cool" I mean anything you've bought that you consider to be quite unique)?

For me it would have to be this Hiroshige artbook:

Pic-004.jpg

Pic-001.jpg

I've spent so much time looking through the images in there today.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really say "unique" like in the description but concerning my special interest at the time it would be my new Winchester knife and a cheap knife sharpener I bought. I have a weird obsession with knives (I know, I know, sounds creepy but it's not xD) and this has temporarily quenched it. My justification for buying knives is that I need them for my job, which is partly true. To be honest, one knife would last me 3 months at work but I buy cheap and durable ones just for recreation.

I recently bought a 1980s Japanese Fender Power Jazz Special bass. Heh, bit of a mouthful to say, but it's an interesting bass as it's a hybrid of Jazz and Precision basses. It also features active pickups. I bought it off ebay and it was shipped today. It should take about 7-10 days to arrive.

Maximi Tyrii philosophi platonici Sermones
by of Tyre Maximus, Cosimo Pazzi, d1466-1513, Beatus Rhenanus, Johann Froben (Printer.) Printed in 1519.

I recently bought an aquarium tank with various accessories including a model diver which will stand at the bottom of the tank. Fish are just so relaxing and fairly easy to look after too.

I just purchased an original etching and line engraving by William Blake entitled "Chaucers Canterbury Pilgrims" from 1810. It is very large (3ft x 1 ft). I purchased it from a rare book dealer in San Francisco who specializes in Blake. I am going to have it professionally matted but will build the frame myself.

image.jpg

Last edited:
A stack of lecture notes with simple-to-follow instructions on a subject.

I think it's cool, because it helps me retain concepts better.

I got a Kindle.................I know, boring right? But I'm an avid reader and the device is so cool. Books and games in a tidy little package. and the books and games are so much cheaper on Kindle. that means I can buy more. Woo, hoo!!! I'm not a techie, so stuff like that just seems so cool in a very practical kinda way.:cloud9:

I love shopping online and right now Im into fire making (for the summer outdoors) and the last thing I got was a usb frameless lighter and its amazing. I dont smoke but I light my candles with it.

I got a Kindle.................I know, boring right? But I'm an avid reader and the device is so cool. Books and games in a tidy little package. and the books and games are so much cheaper on Kindle. that means I can buy more. Woo, hoo!!! I'm not a techie, so stuff like that just seems so cool in a very practical kinda way.:cloud9:

Awesome! Kindle's are awesome. Galit that is an awesome gift for yourself. I am an avid reader myself and use the amazon kindle app on my tablet everyday :) i am also going to get an amazon gift card so i can buy more amazon e-books for my tablet :)

32333_384789371610884_621230331_n.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I use it mainly for the amazon kindle app that i downloaded from the google store. I love it. Makes for an awesome e-reader, i also play angry birds on it even though im not to good at it plus some other games.
Awesome device. :)

p.s. i dont remember what book i was reading in this picture lol.

The DVD Never let me go, with kiera knightly it cost me $1.99 used at blockbuster. I thought it was so beautifully done.

I would most defiantly not call a kindle a boring gift, I am jealous, but alot of aspies like to read, at least about things they are interested in, and we have trouble in stores alot, and waiting on what you ordered online to arrive in the mail is hard. So a device that can give you your books instantly without having to leave the house, seems like it would be incredible for alot of aspies. So if I would definately call it a cool thing to have bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Pella: That's exactly what I love about my Kindle.

I bought a car! A cute little sub-compact Scion IQ. My husband went & picked it up tonight. It's very small & fuel efficient.

@ Pella: That's exactly what I love about my Kindle.

I bought a car! A cute little sub-compact Scion IQ. My husband went & picked it up tonight. It's very small & fuel efficient.
scion's are great cars :) congratulations on the new car.

Yes kindle's are awesome gifts. i love the kindle app on my tablet. instant books is just great.

For me it's these leopard print hi-top trainers, which I bought last weekend. I also posted them in another thread here.
SAM_0630.jpg SAM_0631.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom