• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Case of the Missing Towel

Or if you live teenagers who have nothing to do in your neighborhood.

There was a case in Minnesota, where a veteran lived near a house of two teenagers. Every nite they broke in thru his basement window and stole stuff. One nite, he waited down in basement and shot them as they came in. At least one died. This happened right when we were moving out of state. Yes, one of them had a drug habit.

My ex took stuff from me at nite when l slept. He is bipolar and brags he needs 3 hours of sleep. But the crash stage isn't pretty.

I have had missing stuff but l always have had sketchy neighbors, brand new cars, cars constantly changing, young people with no jobs, extreme busy bodies trying to figure out your business instead of minding their own biz. They have zero boundaries so they are easy for me to pick out now.

I have had missing stuff but l always have had sketchy neighbors, brand new cars, cars constantly changing, young people with no jobs, extreme busy bodies trying to figure out your business instead of minding their own biz. They have zero boundaries so they are easy for me to pick out now.

This is why I prefer a rural area.

Do not try and find the towel—that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: There is no towel. Then you will see that it is not the towel that moved, it is only yourself.

:cool:

Last edited:
Duh! My husband says Arthur Dent (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) has your towel. He must have picked it up on his way to the planet of missing pens and pencils.

@Martha Ferris
@SusanLR

OK...so if we consider an 'otherworldly' explanation as a possibility for a moment, in your opinion what do you think is going on? Why would something disappear, and then return once you have stated..."Okay very funny. Now bring it back"?

It sounds like you are attempting communication with something behaving mischievously. What kind of something? Why is it behaving mischievously?

You say things have gone missing in your lives and then returned in unexpected ways, often as a result of asking for them to. What is the point of these occurrences?

I have no evidence upon which to base an opinion. Just saying what happened, what I did and the result. In fact it happened two days ago again. I had been looking for an envelope of CDS and tapes for nearly a year. I repeatedly tore the house apart looking. I pretty much know where everything is because I have downsized to just what I need and want. There are limited options to misplace something. I couldn't imagine that I had thrown them out but I must have without being aware of it and it upset me a great deal because I cannot replace them. Where did I put them? I even looked in the most unlikely of places. They were gone. So I asked to be able to find them, they had to be here, and yet again began a search. I found them in a place that I have accessed repeatedly and which previously contained only two things but this time there were three the third being that envelope with the missing CDS and tapes. In fact they were in the same room where I began my current search. What conclusions you draw from this are up to you.
What I believe without any evidence to support it is immaterial.
If you were to ask for the towel back would that be a bad thing? What would be the cost for that action? If it works all well and good and if it doesn't at least you gave it a shot.

@Martha Ferris,

I had a sweater missing for a year on our boat. It is a boat for goodness sake. The possibilities for "missplacing" items is finite. In fact, all of my personal belongings fit in a medium suicase.

Like you, I looked everywhere for that sweater. I finally concluded that it never came home from the laundry. Not 10 minutes after giving up, I found the sweater, in the open on a shelf in our salon. There are only 2 cabins, our berth and the salon, so I would have seen that sweater if it had really been there all along.

If you were to ask for the towel back would that be a bad thing? What would be the cost for that action? If it works all well and good and if it doesn't at least you gave it a shot.
I asked for it to come back the day I read your message. I thought why not give it a shot? It hasn't come back yet.

@SimonSays if you ever find it, perhaps you could ask it if it's seen my favourite T-shirt on its travels? It's black, and has a picture of a sunset behind a tree and a mountain on it. It's been missing about 5 years now.

Think you towel needs a friend and then it will return home. :)
LOL.

Well it's funny you should say that, because currently, its place is being kept warm by a tea towel. An inferior version of the towel, so that should it ever return, it doesn't do so to find it's been replaced already by a newer and firmer model.

full

I'm Not Saying It Was Aliens...

Wherever that towel is, is also where all my socks are for running.

@SimonSays

It could be a stranger came in, used upstairs toilet, made a makeup mark on towel and stuffed it in their purse because they were to embarrassed to put it back.

Wherever that towel is, is also where all my socks are for running.

@SimonSays

It could be a stranger came in, used upstairs toilet, made a makeup mark on towel and stuffed it in their purse because they were to embarrassed to put it back.

Guess what? I have my purple towel back!

It's not the one that disappeared, but its brother, and something I didn't know I had.

I went to visit my ex-neighbour today. She's been storing a few things for me. While going through the bags looking for something else, I came across an identical purple towel to the one that went missing. I had no idea there was another purple towel. It feels like the towel actually came back to me, only I had to make a two-hour journey to visit my neighbour in order to collect it. ;)

I'm so happy I have my towel back. I could never have imagined this is how it would return to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom