• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Case of the Missing Towel

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
I keep a small hand towel in a cabinet in the bathroom under the sink. I have done for the last eight months and I use it every day. Today when I went to use it, it was gone. The only other person who uses that bathroom currently wouldn't have touched it, and I asked him just to be sure. There are 3 other people in the house, and they have their own bathroom downstairs and never come up here, and would never take a towel out of the cabinet anyway.

So what could have happened to it? There’ve been no visitors, and we’ve had nobody break in and only steal a purple hand towel. Yet it is missing. I never take it out of the bathroom except to wash it. I cannot explain where the towel has gone.

A case of multi dimensional incongruity/misaligment, alien beings, briefly emerging into our physical reality committed towel theft.

It happened to my car keys once, I am sorry there is very little you can do.

full
The game is AFOOT...!

Wait a while and see if it returns.
Well, I have no choice but to carry on without it, lol. I'm not sure that waiting to see if it returns is the best course of action. It would likely be even more surprising than discovering it missing.
A case of multi dimensional incongruity/misaligment, alien beings, briefly emerging into our physical reality committed towel theft.

It happened to my car keys once, I am sorry there is very little you can do.
Disappearing stuff has happened to me before, and as it's a towel, accepting its disappearance won't be so hard, even though it was the only hand towel I have. It's funny though, as I'd been considering the idea of mischievous multi-dimensional activities. But towel theft is certainly a first for me.

likelihood @SimonSays forgot he moved towel
@SimonSays definitely did not move towel.
or other person embarassed to say he made towel disappear.
That certainly cannot be ruled out of course, although I have no reason to believe there would have been any reason for the other bathroom user to have had anything to do with it. He would never touch it. He has his own towels and would never touch anything of mine.

Well, I have no choice but to carry on without it, lol. I'm not sure that waiting to see if it returns is the best course of action. It would likely be even more surprising than discovering it missing.

Disappearing stuff has happened to me before, and as it's a towel, accepting its disappearance won't be so hard, even though it was the only hand towel I have. It's funny though, as I'd been considering the idea of mischievous multi-dimensional activities. But towel theft is certainly a first for me.

There you go, you were thinking about mischievous mutli-dimensional activites and the quantum field provided...maybe the answer is to think about relaxing on an infinite plain of supersoft towels and those little green fellas might just return it. Fingers crossed the 'rat theory' isn't correct.

I think you need to go shopping Si, one towel is a bit understocked. What do you do if it's in the wash and you need to dry your hands? How does it dry sitting in the cupboard anyway?

I recommend those cheap gym towels you get at K mart, quick drying, no fluff in the washer.

So what could have happened to it?
Curious why do you have the stubborn mindset about not being able to find the towel?

• there is another object on top of the towel
• the towel was moved to a different spot & is under another object
• towel is in laundry basket or washer or dryer
• towel is static’d to some other item :D

@SimonSays

I keep a small hand towel in a cabinet in the bathroom under the sink. I have done for the last eight months and I use it every day. Today when I went to use it, it was gone.

Who does the wash?

When you say the towel's been there for 8 months, that
does include time out for laundry, doesn't it?

I think you need to go shopping Si, one towel is a bit understocked. What do you do if it's in the wash and you need to dry your hands? How does it dry sitting in the cupboard anyway?

I recommend those cheap gym towels you get at K mart, quick drying, no fluff in the washer.
full
(And stick a LoJack on the next one...!)

Mysterious rat thieves and multidimensional towels aside, usually when something like that happens, there's a simple explanation... like moving it and then forgetting that you moved it, or something has been put on top of it, in front of it and you no longer see it.
Did you check the laundry basket, or whatever place dirty laundry is kept?

The underpants gnomes are branching out. Their three step business model of "collect underpants,?, profit" failed, so like any good capitalist they move into new territory.

@SimonSays

I keep a small hand towel in a cabinet in the bathroom under the sink. I have done for the last eight months and I use it every day. Today when I went to use it, it was gone.

When you say the towel's been there for 8 months, that
does include time out for laundry, doesn't it?
Of course, lol.
Lol. I said I only have one hand towel, not that I only have one towel. It's just a nice small size and convenient for what I use it for, and it dries on the towel rail before I put it back in the cupboard.

there's a simple explanation... like moving it and then forgetting that you moved it, or something has been put on top of it, in front of it and you no longer see it.
Did you check the laundry basket, or whatever place dirty laundry is kept?
Towel was the only thing on the shelf... nothing underneath or on top. It's absence is not an assumption or a lack of looking in the right place, you can take it from me it is simply not where I last left it. I'm very particular about my things as I have few of them. Things have their place, and are looked after and used well. I never mislay anything. It is a question of discipline.

New Threads

Top Bottom