• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The brave little toaster - It's annoying me now

The mighty Boosh

I've been listening to youtube and keep hearing odd gaps \ broken lyric flow in this song

The brave little toaster - Worthless

Wondering if its animators mistake/editors decision or lyrics have been cut from the song.
It's bugging me now so thought I'd pass it on :innocent:

Sorry, bored and trying to brush up on my written English. Find speaking is easier, You don't have to re-word everything. If that makes any sense ?

-------Edit--------

The song was cut short due to concerns of showing a car driving into a crusher.
cutting it last minute and causing a stutter in motion.

New topic dark kids cartoons ? saves server space - and is on topic ;)

Kids films only no adult cartoons, nothing like heavy metal or wizards.lord of the rings was cruel and dark. thanks mom :( Any others you might remember or suggest ?

Last edited:
The Orignal My Little Pony was pretty dark. I think they may be way I liked it so much.

I mean kind napping pony gor forced labor isn't a place most cartoons would go now.

The Orignal My Little Pony was pretty dark. I think they may be way I liked it so much.

I mean kind napping pony gor forced labor isn't a place most cartoons would go now.

There was an episode of Dexter's Laboratory similar to that. Here's the information about the episode from Wikipedia:
Dee Dee's Tail - Dexter transforms Dee Dee into a horse after she expresses her desire to become a Pony Puff Princess. However, Dexter, Lee Lee and Mee Mee try to exploit her, forcing the Pony Puff Princess to intervene in support of Dee Dee.

@ZebraAspie Never seen My little pony, can you explain how it's gotten so populer after decades ?

@AGXStarseed Just about remember that one.

I would complain that kids shows don't have enough of a dark tone to make people think, tho looking at some modern cartoons they do deal with some heavy adult issues that whould never have been shown in the 70s - 90s like Adventure time or Gravity falls.

Do you think we should let children see the darkers side of life ?
Just intrested as my age group are the ones starting to make the cartoons now and you're starting to see a major shift in tone.

@ZebraAspie Never seen My little pony, can you explain how it's gotten so populer after decades ?

I would complain that kids shows don't have enough of a dark tone to make people think, tho looking at some modern cartoons they do deal with some heavy adult issues that would never have been shown in the 70s - 90s like Adventure time or Gravity falls.

Just intrested as my age group are the ones starting to make the cartoons now and you're starting to see a major shift in tone.

I think a lot of cartoons have all dealt with major issues in their own way. With each generation, we've encountered new challenges and found various ways to deal with them - through clever storytelling, humour, shock tactics, blunt explanation, etc.
Whether its death, addiction (to drugs or other things), relationships and a whole host of other topics.

There was an episode of Dexter's Laboratory similar to that. Here's the information about the episode from Wikipedia:
Dee Dee's Tail - Dexter transforms Dee Dee into a horse after she expresses her desire to become a Pony Puff Princess. However, Dexter, Lee Lee and Mee Mee try to exploit her, forcing the Pony Puff Princess to intervene in support of Dee Dee.
Dexters lab was messed up most of the time.

I would complain that kids shows don't have enough of a dark tone to make people think, tho looking at some modern cartoons they do deal with some heavy adult issues that whould never have been shown in the 70s - 90s like Adventure time or Gravity falls.

I don't know. I don't watch now but I loved the original series as a kid.

I don't know. I don't watch now but I loved the original series as a kid.
I think kids shows are starting to show more issues. For example Steven universe did an an episode on consent and rape.

I do know that as a child a lot of cartoons were too upsetting for me so I wonder if kids today would be like that with sensitive issues.

With each generation, we've encountered new challenges and found various ways to deal with them

Agree
How much of a age gap\social lag do you think ? It takes time for what you had as child to be put in to practice. Most of what i had was the Sky (TV box) and old tapes - looking back alot of it was based on cold war tension and often looked at separated familys (high divorse %)

Dexters lab was messed up most of the time.

Look on Youtube at band cartoon episod's, it's weird to see why different countries will not play something.

I think kids shows are starting to show more issues. For example Steven universe did an an episode on consent and rape.

Will have to look into Steven universe, people keep saying it's good ?
would you say they're exploring more liberal thoughts? Cartoons seem to be finding loop holes to show gay couples, by only confirming it on the last series.

Maybe an animation topic!;)
I'm afraid to ask - but what did you have in mind ? :laughing:

Last edited:
I personally love The Brave Little Toaster. It was totally strange and dark but highly entertaining. Animation during the 80s doesn’t usually appeal to me but there are some exceptions. Disney was failing during the 80s becuase they were creatively bankrupt. They would have done any crazy idea during the time. Plus animation was on the decline for a while around this time as well. I’m just glad Disney allowed this movie to pass. However, there were times when it scared the hell out of me as a kid. I can see how some people can be turned off from that. This movie has horrifying scenes half the time. It kind of plays like a horror picture. This is a kids film that definitely wouldn’t fly today. They would sanitize a film like this today. Anyway, I still think it’s a unique kind of film that I wish we can see more of today.

70j4r2Y.jpg

...That's my nightmares sorted for tonight.

after awhile realised I never thought about what I ment by dark subjects....

Just caught up with Adventure time, Islands, Stake. They deal with some moral issues.

I think a lot of cartoons have all dealt with major issues in their own way. With each generation
I think you've all been leading me towards this awnser and what's confusing is the sift from obvious dark films like TBLT into more social gray areas.

Sorry opend my mouth before thinking - happens alot :p

New Threads

Top Bottom