• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The 4th of July

upload_2022-5-15_15-14-6.png

I really dislike the 4th of July because people start setting off fireworks way before it actually gets here, and then there is no set time to do them, so there is all this unexpected noise that makes me jump. I usually end up taking medication on those days.

I took my service dogs for a hike near Tahoe, but that's about it. We're going to watch a movie, eat dinner, and most likely be in bed by 6pm lolol

My problem with holidays, in general, is that they are now nothing more than signposts for three things: Drinking too much, selling useless merchandise that no one really needs, and making a good deal of noise in various fashions (please do not shoot guns in the air today, especially if they contain live rounds).

It did not used to be like this. You didn't get fireworks until the actual fourth, now it starts several days early, and selling associated merchandise starts several weeks to a month or two beforehand.

It all makes me mental, especially today, for no one is observant of the reasons why the holiday exists in the first place. It also might have something to do with the fact that it happens so close to my birthday, but that is mere speculation on my part. :D

I expect my sound-cancelling headphones will be in place about dusk and remain there well into tomorrow morning. There are too many cretins where I live to do otherwise.

However, to those of you who genuinely enjoy the holiday for what it should be, Happy Bang, Bang, Boom!:)

I was asleep just now, and heard a "BOOM", it's funny, I woke up, looked towards the window, and then hollered "Shut Up!"

All is peaceful again, I think I'll hop back off the forums and go nigh-night.

Sweet dreams everyone.

New Threads

Top Bottom