• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thank you forum folks.

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Hey all, I just need to thank everyone here for getting me through a difficult day. As many of you know, I am working on maintaining sobriety and today, my brain could only think of my drug of choice and getting it, and I came close. But instead, I hung around here, read a lot, posted a lot, read some more. My opportunity to get those drugs has passed now, and so I am safe; it was only the company of the forum that got me to this safety tonight.

I just want people who post here, anywhere on the forum, to know that your words are meaningful and today they kept an addict from relapsing. This place was one where I found support and distraction even though no one knew I was looking for it. Sometimes, when y’all offer kindness, understanding, and advice to someone else, I am benefiting from it too and it is much appreciated.

And mods, to all of you a special thanks, as well. You make this place what it is and protect it for us and I appreciate that, too.

1668309893210.jpeg

La forza è dentro di te, forse qualcuno può aiutarti a trovarla, ma è già dentro di te

1668347380973.png

Last edited:
What's important here is that you worked thru this and you know that door is open for you. I struggle a bit with depression, sometimes l get thru the door and escape.

I need some public accountability here. I am going out on an errand that I must do, but leaving the house with cash is risky business. I will pass three places that I could pick up drugs, but I am not going to do it and I will report back here to keep myself honest.

I need some public accountability here. I am going out on an errand that I must do, but leaving the house with cash is risky business. I will pass three places that I could pick up drugs, but I am not going to do it and I will report back here to keep myself honest.
Intanto, metto su il caffè.

E non tornare con sostanze strane, tipo polvere di cannella o chiodi di garofano, al massimo un po di zucchero

More importantly you are doing this for you. It's a road ahead of you, but you are on the journey. Some of us also took that journey of saying no to things that cover up. :)

It's okay to admit that at times you feel you could give in, but accept that part of you in the journey of self love.

Thank you, @Aspychata, your words are so meaningful to me.

@Billthecat , I’m ready for that coffee, and nothing strange in my pockets.

@TheName, I admit I don’t understand, but I am focusing on the last thing that you said there and thank you.

So, I made it out into the world and back to my room safely. I had some cash that was a birthday present and I actually spent it on a birthday gift, instead of drugs.

Thank you to all for your support. I know some of you have mentioned that the strength is within me, but in reality right at this moment I am not strong enough and I needed support today and y’all were there for me… Again. This is the only place where I feel vulnerable enough to say I need help and then to actually get it is just astounding and precious to me.

I bought a beautiful backpack and a small carving knife that I am really excited about.
1668370417859.jpeg

Here it is and it’s new home. I like my things beautiful and also deadly.

1668370486438.jpeg

I have not been participating as much as I like. My body is wrapping itself around the pain I am feeling and I am depressed. Still, @Rodafina , I am happy you found help here. I like that Megaladon tooth that you have. I still have not found one, but have others, like Sand Tiger that are smaller bit still nice.

I have not been participating as much as I like. My body is wrapping itself around the pain I am feeling and I am depressed. Still, @Rodafina , I am happy you found help here. I like that Megaladon tooth that you have. I still have not found one, but have others, like Sand Tiger that are smaller bit still nice.
@Gerald Wilgus, you are too kind. I have received so much strength and positivity from people who reacted and posted here, I have plenty to share with you. I am sorry that your body is hurting and your spirit is down.

So let us turn our compassion toward you, too.

Part of what I was thanking everybody for is the unconditional support that is offered. Even when I am insecure and imperfect, and I sometimes say the wrong things or even upset certain people, I can still find acceptance here. You are a pillar of the community and you were one of the first people who made me realize that this would be a good and beneficial place for me. To me, you are like a guide for some of us younger participants that can look up to you and see your strength and your wisdom in every word that you write.

But no, it does not stop with strength and wisdom, it is the compassion and understanding that you offer that is so touching. Younger shy girls like myself can look up to you and admire you. Young men looking for love can learn so much from you. Members who are non-binary or transgender can get so much from your views and values that seem to show respect and acceptance toward all. You are great for ALL of us.

I’m not being dramatic or facetious, here. You are a hero. You are a hero to me.

1668390092381.jpeg

Gerald Wilgus, may you find calm in your body and happiness in your heart.

may you find calm in your body and happiness in your heart
Thank you very much. I have received so much support here that engaging kindly is easy. Now, recognizing that I had a sword of Damocles hanging over me, I have been quite introspective about the trajectory of my life, especially as I feel weak and vulnerable (and hope it will not last.) Right now it is so easy to believe the worse of myself. My friends IRL and here have been so nice and supportive, yet a thread going through my life has been despite all I have struggled against, no woman has ever really noticed me. That is all for the woe is me that I will let myself indulge in.

I have loved getting to know you, @Rodafina. I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling so much but am grateful you've found a home here. I feel the same way.

Sorry I'm behind on the reading, only got to read the OP. Have to turn in for the night.

New Threads

Top Bottom