• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ten Places to Visit

1. Vancouver, BC + Mt. Whistler - for some reason that place has called to me all my life.
2. Sedona, AZ
3 Tibet - I want to sit down and understand the life of a monk
4. Tahlequah, Oklahoma- its a heritage thing
5. Pine Ridge, SD- heritage thing
6. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (my Grandpa was from there)
7. Dublin, Ireland also a heritage thing My 3 greats grand pa was from there.
8. Christ Church, New Zealand (all of NZ)
9. Johannesburg, South Africa
10. Iquitos, Peru - sit with a Shaman and drink Ayahuasca (maybe)

Disney World, Florida.
Tokyo, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Neighbours Studio, Melbourne, Australia
Coronation St Studio, Manchester, England
Emmerdale Studio, Leeds, England
WWE Wrestle Mania, any City in North America or Canada
Metro Centre, Gateshead, England
Bloomingdales, New York
Harrods, London, England

Many people will find many of my choices rather strange and would prefer to stay well away from some of these destinations. I've linked with information pages about visiting each one. Here goes....

Auschwitz concentration camp
North Korea
Russia
Chernobyl
Lebanon
Somaliland and Ethiopia (Counts a 2 places, but can be achieved on 1 holiday)
New York City
Sydney Australia
Antarctica

At the current time North Korea is my most wanted destination despite the risks, it would be fascinating to see the other side of a country that has been so condemned and is so secretive. If you visit North Korea you firstly have to give up any mobile, laptop or other communications devices and you must respect their laws and customs, one of the most import things is to never ever speak badly of their beloved leader Kim Jong-un or you really would get yourself into serious hot water, virtually all the population genuinely love him and anyone that doesn't wouldn't dare show it. It is definitely NOT a free country, which means you can't for instance just leave the hotel and pop down to the local shop if you suddenly felt like it, you are only allowed to travel under strict supervision and many people suspect that even their hotel room is bugged lol! You would get to visit some amazing locations however and you'd even get to meet officers in the military, but best of all you would also get to see average citizens going about their normal daily life. They will respect you for visiting and respecting their country and customs, it's a terrible shame there has to be so much hatred (I would say more, but it's not the politics forum).

Honourable mentions:

Iran
Iceland
Iraq
Afghanistan
Dubai

If I was going to travel abroad why would I want to just see boring Sun and beeches in a sheltered tourist resort, no I'd want something much more interesting.

Last edited:
What's the attraction of the Metro Centre in Gateshead? Or Dubai for that matter?
I don't know about the Metro Centre, but please click here for Dubai, they've got many world class attractions and some are record breaking, for instance they have still the world's tallest building (it's due to be beaten in 2020), the world's largest indoor theme park, the world's biggest shopping mall and a lot more.

Last edited:
In true Aspie fashion my interests have changed, so I've revised my list:

1. Trinity Test site
  2. Langtry, TX
  3. Ft. Hancock, TX
  4. Micronesia
  5. The Ace Cafe - London
  6. Rachel, NV (sneak into Area 51 from there)
  7. Mutter Museum
  8. Chernobyl
  9. Yellowstone Park
  10. The Amazon - boat trip the full length
BTW Palau in Micronesia is awesome and beautiful both above and below water!

Have been to many of the places you all have listed as travelling has always been my special interest and passion in life along with a couple of others. It's hard to limit my list to 10 but since my traveling days are likely over it doesn't matter anyway. I have to say that the more different a place is from my background the more intriguing it is for me. Hence:
1. Raja Ampat, Indonesia (world's foremost diving and snorkeling destination)
2. Tibet
3. Various places in China including a journey down the Silk Road
4. Bangkok and Rangoon
5. Ankor Wat and other places in Cambodia
6. India, especially northern India
7. Serengeti and other wildlife areas of East Africa
8. Istambul
9. Bhutan
10. RAJA AMPAT, RAJA AMPAT, RAJA AMPAT!!!!

Wow this list reminds me of how many places I haven't been! I need another lifetime.

I've been to many places in the world, mainly in Europe and Canada and the United States and throughout the Caribbean. If I were to choose now:

Costa Rica (to see birds and animals)
Monument Valley, AZ (to see the red desert)
Rain forests in the world.
Georgia O'Keeffe's studio in Northern New Mexico.

I've just thought of another honourable mention:

Aokigahara Forest (nicknamed Japan's suicide forest)

The forest lies at the base of Mount Fuji less than 100 miles West of Tokyo in Japan. It's estimated that more than 200 people commit suicide there every year, but many corpse are never found due to the thick vast forest and sometimes remains are discovered long after. There is an annual sweep every year where numerous bodies are discovered, removed and if possible identified before the holiday season, however there is most certainly no guarantee that you won't discover one yourself (or maybe even more than one), especially if you leave the main track or travel there late in the season or even more so out of season not long before the sweep.

No I have no intention of committing suicide there and I don't particularly want to discover human remains, but I was a paranormal investigator from 1996 until all the fake TV shows + hype ruined everything and I would love to professionally investigate the location which also has many myths surrounding it. It's so vast however I could spend weeks there and if I wanted to stray too far off the main track it would be strongly advisable to have a guide.

It's a PG, but please be advised that some viewers may still find this video disturbing:

I know exactly what he means by the negative feeling he talks about in the video as I've experienced it many times at certain locations, it's very difficult to describe to someone who hasn't experienced it, but it most certainly does exist and my previous investigations have shown that it's not always caused by auto suggestion or be psychosomatic. Whether or not he was truly experiencing it however we will never know for certain.

PS: Yes it does look like he might be talking in front of a green screen or equivalent (using chroma keying) in the first main shot of the forest, but he certainly appears to be definitely really there after that.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Metro Centre, but please click here for Dubai, they've got many world class attractions and some are record breaking, for instance they have still the world's tallest building (it's due to be beaten in 2020), the world's largest indoor theme park, the world's biggest shopping mall and a lot more.
Each to his/her own. I have no wish to go out of my way to check out a shopping mall or a fake ski resort in the desert. Somehow Dubai has always struck me as a monument to consumerist tat and fakery, built on the back of Pakistani and Filipino slave labour, with appalling driving standards, air-conditioned to the max, pedestrian-unfriendly and with an obscene carbon footprint.
This: The dark side of Dubai (although in fairness I should point out that the author of this article subsequently got into trouble for plagiarism and fabricated quotations).

I may revise my views if a native Dubaian manages to do for the emirate what Steve Martin did for Los Angeles. In any case there is more the UAE than Dubai: Lonely Planet entry for United Arab Emirates
Quote: North of Dubai, Sharjah does art and heritage best, while tiny Ajman and Umm Al Quwain provide glimpses of life in the pre-oil days, and Ras Al Khaimah snuggles against the mighty Hajar Mountains.

1. South Georgia Island
2. Pripyat, Ukraine
3. Iceland
4. Easter Island
5. Northern Canada
6. Falklands
7. New Zealand
8. Mayan Pyramids
9. Area 51, NV
10. Trinity Test Site, NM

1. Orlando, Florida, USA (so I could go to Disney World and other fun attractions)
2. Tokyo, Japan (for the culture)
3. Sydney, Australia (so I could see wildlife)
4. Los Angeles, California, USA (to check out celebrity-related attractions)
5. New York City, New York, USA (several things I want to check out there, also, I've always wanted to see the Freedom Tower)
6. Chicago, Illinois, USA (some of my favorite celebrities are from there)
7. Toronto, Canada (never been to Canada, but always wanted to visit there)
8. London, United Kingdom (my husband's cousin lives there)
9. Dublin, Ireland (my side of the family is of Irish descent)
10. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (nice weather, beaches)

1- London
2-Dublin
3- Alaska
4- Shanghai
5- Tokyo
6-Denver
7- Patagonia
8-Costa Rica
9- Tanzania
10- Morocco

For something more lighthearted from me... Some of these might sound weird, and they are in no particular order... Bear in mind that most of my vacations are for the purpose of photography, and I am a classic car geek, which will show up in this list...

1) To drive the Dempster Highway - through Yukon to Inuvik, NWT, way up north in Canada! I believe the most northern highway in the world

2) Newfoundland - more specifically to integrate the annual Targa Newfoundland auto race into a vacation, must then be in September

3) England - mostly to attend the Goodwood Revival of Speed, classic car stuff, since I live in hinterland where I never see neat cars like I would ever see there!

4) Montreal and Ottawa - both cities are very close to each other, if possible Ottawa for Remembrance Day would be a real treat, I know Montreal has a great cultural scene

5) Churchill, Manitoba - far north on the edge of Hudson's Bay in northern Canada, known for Polar Bears, being remote, and a few other interesting photo opportunities

6) Stewart, BC - another northern place, a small town right on the edge of Alaska in northern British Columbia, supposed to be beautiful!

7) More car stuff... Watkins Glen, NY - More vintage car racing that I will never see here in hinterland

8) New York City - I'm a street photographer, this would be the ultimate place to vacation

9) Cuba - Away from the resorts, explore the local culture, plus classic cars of course too

10) Iceland - Stunning scenery for photography, I would also like to explore the city of Reykjavik, supposed to be some interesting culture there which I rarely see photographed

11) Many more places I can't fit on here, I have a huge bucket list I'll probably never get to completely

1. Cuba
2. Costa Rica
3. Morocco
4. Mexico
5. India
6. Greece
7. Antarctica
8. Peru
8. Brazil
9. The Galapagos Islands
10. Japan
Have already been to many of my bucket list countries, but plenty more still on the list!

Norway
Sweden
France again
Bavaria
Geneva
Rural Argentina
uninhabited USA
uninhabited Canada
Holland
Denmark

1. Cuba
2. Costa Rica
3. Morocco
4. Mexico
5. India
6. Greece
7. Antarctica
8. Peru
8. Brazil
9. The Galapagos Islands
10. Japan
Have already been to many of my bucket list countries, but plenty more still on the list!
if you ever go to Morocco go with a companion !you're pretty and the men will be attracted to you like a bee to a. flower ,it's unnerving make sure you cover yourself.
you are probably like my mother and I in your physiognomy and the men's eyes nearly dropped out of their heads..
take water purification tablets you can get tangier belly very easily .
what interested me was going to the Christian church in Tangier it looked bizarre for the novelty value.

if you ever go to Morocco go with a companion !you're pretty and the men will be attracted to you like a bee to a. flower ,it's unnerving make sure you cover yourself.
you are probably like my mother and I in your physiognomy and the men's eyes nearly dropped out of their heads..
take water purification tablets you can get tangier belly very easily .
what interested me was going to the Christian church in Tangier it looked bizarre for the novelty value.
Thanks for the advice. I felt very uncomfortable in Egypt I must say. Although I think I'm getting to the age where men will find me quite resistable lol!

1) The capital of Iceland, and many other places there, I don't know how to spell it.
2) Canada... But, I don't want to live there.
2) Glacier national park.
3) Yellowstone.
4) Deutschland, Deutschland! (Germany)
5) Switzerland.
6) Greenland.
7) Some places in Scandinavia.
8) Singapore!!!!
9) some others.

Not in Order!

New Threads

Top Bottom