• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ten Places to Visit

Sportster

Aged to Perfection
V.I.P Member
If you could, what 10 places would you want to visit?

I've already done the southwestern deserts, the Grand Canyon, and the autobahn. I didn't do the autobahn in a race car or on a Harley (wish I'd had), but rather in a Chevy police interceptor when I was an MP. I was running close to 140 and got passed outside of Munich. There was (35 years ago) a section there that was unlimited, ten-lanes wide, and very flat with few curves. It was awesome!!!:eek:

Last edited:
I've been to the Alamo (none of the other places though), I've read that a lot of people find it a bit disappointing since there's apparently not that much of the original structure left. I guess Pee-Wee's Big Adventure was accurate about it not having a basement, though. :p I had an English professor in college whose late grandfather is an actor in this IMAX movie about the Alamo that they show nearby.

In no particular order, places I'd like to go:

1. Paris, France (I've actually been there, but only DeGaulle airport for about 30 minutes while changing planes to go to Italy, I thought I might get to see the Eiffel Tower from the plane, but I didn't. :( )
2. Amsterdam (same as above)
3. Monument Valley, Utah (I did fly over once on the way to California)
4. Spain (particularly Barcelona/Catalonia)
5. Turkey
6. Argentina
7. Japan
8. Hong Kong
9. New Zealand
10. Greece

Honorable mention: Mayan Pyramids in the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico (I've actually been here, but it was when I was 4 years old, I'd like to go back as an adult)

1.) New York
2.) London
3.) Los Angeles
4.) The Southern Alps in the south island. (of NZ)
5.) Monument Valley
6.) The great wall of china
7.) Rome
8.) Paris
9.) The moon! :D Though that'll never happen due to high costs and whatnot. :rolleyes:
10.) Rotorua, to see how smelly it really is. :p

1. Tokyo, Japan (mostly for the Akihabara and Harajuku districts though)
  2. Pripyat, Ukraine (my interest for post-apocalyptic things and such might be involved for this choice)
  3. Johannesburg, South-Africa
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  6. Berlin, Germany
  7. New Orleans, USA
  8. Paris, France (I've been there, but I'd like to revisit)
  9. London, England (same as Paris)
That's all I got for now... The 10th spot is kinda tied between Norway, Sweden and Turkey (Istanbul)... The moon is an excellent suggestion though. Not sure what to do there except from staring at earth though.

1. The Bonneville Salt Flats for speed week as a driver in my own racecar.
2. The southwestern USA deserts.
3. The Grand Canyon.
4. England by motorcycle.
5. Australia by motorcycle.
6. The Autobahn and Germany with my racecar and Harley.
7. Normandy Beaches.
8. Amsterdamsky.
9.Hawaii
10. The moon to prove it was all filmed on a stage. :p

I had a pretty full life already,this is my bucket list ;)

Hm. I'm running out of places I want to go. :rolleyes: We won't count Nashville as that's been arranged.

1. Paris
2. Indianapolis for the 500
3. Reno for more than a half-hour
4. Rome
5. New Zealand
6. Iceland, but getting to leave the airport
7. Scotland
8. Ireland
9. Lviv Oblast, Ukraine
10. Washington, DC

Istanbul.
The jungles of Borneo to see Orang-utans.
Jerusalem. I'm not religious, but it would be fascinating anyway.
Burkina Faso in Ouagadougou. I've been hooked on the name for 30 years. I need to go there.
Rome.
Lichtenstein. Just to say I've been there. Looks like a nice little place in the Alps.
Pyongyang.
Angkor Wat. Ancient temple ruins in Cambodian jungles... sadly surrounded by tourist shopping.
Kathmandu. The Himalayas. I don't need to climb Everest, but I want to see the mountains.
Cape York Peninsula Australia. The pointy bit at the top.

Last edited:
And, yeah, I've been to Paris for all of 3 days. I would love to sink into it for a month or more.
And Japan... oh my goodness yes. Go. Do it. You'll love it. It's a whole country of people who are ridiculously polite and adverse to being touched. What's not to love?

Hong Kong... fantastic, but put your thick skin on and pack away the introvert who needs his personal space. Everyone is trying to sell at you.

I find it interesting that multiple people mention Rome, since I've been there (but for about as long as gregmcph was in Paris), it's well-worth visiting, kind of overwhelming at first though (big world capitals definitely have some aspie-unfriendly aspects to them). In some ways, I think I actually preferred Florence/Firenze, it was a bit more my speed, and holds its own in the art/history/culture department.

King Oni mentioned New York City and New Orleans, I've been both of those places, but it was when I was pretty young, so my experiences there were fairly limited (I went up to the observation deck of one of the World Trade Center towers in 1987, there's a photo of me and my then-baby sister taken there someplace, but I don't know where it is).

Oddly enough I've never really dreamt of traveling the world. I guess I've always been happy enough to just chill in my bedroom. But that sounds boring so I'll think up ten interesting places I'd like to visit but won't ever get around to.

10. The UK - I was born in England, so it might be fun to go back to my roots.

9. The Mall where George A Romero filmed Dawn of the Dead - I wanna dress like a zombie and go shopping! I worry that the managers might get upset if I try biting people though...

8. New York - not entirely sure what I would do here, but it must be a popular destination for a reason, so what the hell. I'll worry about what to do after I've spent hundreds of dollars on flights and accommodation.

7. A castle - any one. I'm not picky, I just want to stay one night in a castle before I die. Preferably haunted, with lots of spooky dungeons.

6. Japan - if the country is as weird as they're pop culture... Well then, I may never leave.

5. Italy - Mmm... Pizza.

4. Cannes - during film festival season. I'd watch so many movies my eyeballs may explode. And yes that is a totally scientific thing that scientists totally proved can happen.

3. Great Barrier Reef - anyone wanna go swimming?

2. The worlds tallest building - I'd love to stand on top and look down. I just hope I won't slip...

1. The bottom of the ocean - seriously, it's no contest. Last I heard, over 85% of the ocean is still unexplored. Think about it, anything could be down there. Mermaids. Cthulhu. A giant pizza. Granted, it would be soggy, but still. And the best part is that I would be the first person to ever see it. Why go to the moon, which we already know so much about when you could make history?

9. The Mall where George A Romero filmed Dawn of the Dead - I wanna dress like a zombie and go shopping! I worry that the managers might get upset if I try biting people though...

I have been to that mall and know some of the extras used in the biker scenes who are real bikers,not actors

Monroeville Mall is only about 30 miles from my home :D

1) Pripyat Kiev
2) CERN LHC (nerdvana)
3) San Diego ( comic con)
4) Northern lights
5) Gotham City (I'm aware it's not real)
6) paris (again)
7) Waverley hills Sanitarium (GAC)
8) Goldfield Hotel Nevada (GAC)
9) Greece (ancient)
10) Pompeii

1. Tokyo, Japan (mostly for the Akihabara and Harajuku districts though)
  2. Pripyat, Ukraine (my interest for post-apocalyptic things and such might be involved for this choice)
  3. Johannesburg, South-Africa
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  6. Berlin, Germany
  7. New Orleans, USA
  8. Paris, France (I've been there, but I'd like to revisit)
  9. London, England (same as Paris)
That's all I got for now... The 10th spot is kinda tied between Norway, Sweden and Turkey (Istanbul)... The moon is an excellent suggestion though. Not sure what to do there except from staring at earth though.
Pripyat looks amazing

1) Pripyat Kiev

8) Goldfield Hotel Nevada (GAC)

Goldfield is one strange place. Couldn't get inside the hotel though. That take$ some doing these days. ;)

goldfield_hotel_zpsd09448f6.jpg

Goldfield_School_zpsbc5a9098.jpg

Wo
Goldfield is one strange place. Couldn't get inside the hotel though. That take$ some doing these days. ;)

goldfield_hotel_zpsd09448f6.jpg

Goldfield_School_zpsbc5a9098.jpg
wow I'm so jealous that is awesome, after watching GAC return to goldfield and catch some really good paranormal evidence
#creepy

I've driven through Goldfield several times and it is definitely an interesting place. Every time I drive through I go right past the Goldfield Hotel since it is right next to main road through there. The county courthouse is pretty cool looking too. It was built I think in 1907 and is right along the main street.

As far as my list, there's actually very few places outside of the United States that I want to visit. I guess I will list them first and then list some places in the US I want to see:

1. England
2. Ireland
3. Australia
4. Yosemite National Park (in actuality, and I want to see as many of the national parts as possible)
5. Chicago (drove near there once but never saw the city)
6. The Alamo
7. Grand Canyon
8. Alaska (I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise)
9. Hawaii
10. LA

ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1405800399.750171.jpg

I been to rome but its packed with people which is tensed and tireing, i want to go:
America (new york)
Australia
Egypt
France
Italy (venice)
China

Only problem is:
New york will be packed
Australia is a 24h flight and i hate planes
Egypt isnt safe and too hot
China would be packed too
Australia has deadliest insects