• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tech questions iPad/iPhone

grommet

I have an iPhone XR and an iPad Pro 2018. I need to use wireless earbuds.

I need a reliable pair that is not costly and is easy to connect. I have been looking on Amazon but I do not understand tech and cannot make a choice. Would someone please tell me what to get?

Thank you

As usual it's not a simple answer the wireless ones that stay in your ear when you bend forward are $249 from one retailer as opposed to just Apple airpods not! slightly more biologically inner ear shaped $30 !so you need to weigh up the pros and cons!

As usual it's not a simple answer the wireless ones that stay in your ear when you bend forward are $249 from one retailer as opposed to just Apple airpods not! slightly more biologically inner ear shaped $30 !so you need to weigh up the pros and cons!

I am sorry, I do not understand your answer. $30 would be a good amount for me to pay for earbuds or something like that. When I was last in the hospital, watching video on my iPad helped a lot but I had to use the speakers and keep it very quiet. This is what I want wireless earbuds for, to watch some things quietly.

Hi Grommet, my friend has similar ipad and iPhone and suggests MPOW M9 wireless earbuds, @ about £30, available on Amazon, they would be good for what you need.

Hi Grommet, my friend has similar ipad and iPhone and suggests MPOW M9 wireless earbuds, @ about £30, available on Amazon, they would be good for what you need.

Thank you. I found the M7 model on Amazon. I read reviews and they both good and bad so I do not know what to do. How should I take the reviews?

She thinks the M9 earbuds are very good, M7 is an earlier version. Can you see the M9?

She thinks the M9 earbuds are very good, M7 is an earlier version. Can you see the M9?

Yes. I went to Amazon and I saw them there. I thought I could save money buying the older version. I only need to hear sound, I do not need to make phone calls or fast forward through music. With my iPad and iPhone I accidentally activate a feature without meaning to and get lots. Now I try to get things with as few features as I can.

Reading the reviews for all the things sold on Amazon there is always someone who says the thing is terrible and a waste of money. I do not want to buy something and have problems so those bad reviews dissuade me.

My response is unreasonable since the bad reviews are in the minority and one thing I bought that has been terrific, had people saying it was awful. I worry so much about making a bad choice it makes it very stressful choosing.

I was referring to the airpod pro, that is more anatomically shaped to your ear canal so won't fall out, if you bend forward, airpods that are $30 aren't like an earplug and can fall out of your ear, is that explanation simple enough .

Those looking great! Good price too, and they are basic and should be fine. Yes there's always a range of reviews, and as long as the majority are good I guess that's all they can tell you, probably the people's devices are different it's hard to tell how useful the review is with a product like this. Hope these will be great!

Those looking great! Good price too, and they are basic and should be fine. Yes there's always a range of reviews, and as long as the majority are good I guess that's all they can tell you, probably the people's devices are different it's hard to tell how useful the review is with a product like this. Hope these will be great!

I do not know how much I can trust the reviews or maybe "trust" isn't the right word. I bought a special kind of card punch once. One person said so much about it being terrible. They said poor design, quality, it would break. I have had it a couple of years and it's terrific. Great design, they really thought the details out and it's been so durable it's like new.

I have other things like that but also things that people on Amazon said were great and they weren't.

My ex girflriend used to get very frustrated with me beacause I had so much trouble deciding on things. I see so many possibilities, I picture all the scenarios and variables and it makes choosing so hard. I cannot help being like this. I am grateful when I can just have someone I trust choose for me.

the earbuds arrived and I did not like them at all. I am returning them. They are very small, I did not realize they would be so hard to handle. The slightest touch makes them think I want to make a phone call (I do not) and sound only came from one side.

I need something simple, much easier to use. I think maybe something larger like a sports band that goes around the back of my head or something that fits over my ears.

Oh that's a shame. Yes a lot of them are small, I don't find them comfortable. Hope you can find something better, my friend also uses those ones that are headphones, and look like ear mufflers, they are comfortable and easy to wear, harder to lose too! Probably more expensive though. They play sound well.

The brand of headphones my friend has is mpow 059, she's had those 4 years and finds them great. They're on Amazon for £29.99, there's an offer on them too today and tomorrow. There's lots similar too. Good luck!

The brand of headphones my friend has is mpow 059, she's had those 4 years and finds them great. They're on Amazon for £29.99, there's an offer on them too today and tomorrow. There's lots similar too. Good luck!

Those look good but I have large headphones like that for listening at home. I need smaller ones I can put in my backpack.

These are from the same company and look interesting. (see link)

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Upgraded-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07RM4ZGH4?ref_=ast_sto_dp

New Threads

Top Bottom