• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tales from the Borderlands Xbox One question

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I just completed Episode 1 of Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox One, I have the complete Season on disc, and have installed all 5 episodes, yet it's asking me to pay a further £3.99 to download episode 2! Why should I pay £4 for an episode I already have on disc? Which I paid £5.99 for at Game?!

Can anyone help?

It would seem that a lot of the advice online is to reset the console completely and see if it'll work then.

Topic.

I just completed Episode 1 of Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox One, I have the complete Season on disc, and have installed all 5 episodes, yet it's asking me to pay a further £3.99 to download episode 2! Why should I pay £4 for an episode I already have on disc? Which I paid £5.99 for at Game?!

Can anyone help?
I would like to help but i don,t own a xbox one i own the xbox 360 :)

Could this be your problem?

"Requires purchase of Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum; not included in Season Pass.PLEASE NOTE: If you purchased the Season Pass, you will have access to Episodes 2-5 when they are released. Additionally, if you purchased the Telltale Games Collection bundle, do not repurchase this Season Pass. You will have access to Episodes 2-5 when they are released. Buy the Tales from the Borderlands SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically) in the five part game series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Summer 2015. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available. Do not download from the Xbox Games Store, or you will be charged twice. Set on the unforgiving world of Pandora after the events seen in Borderlands 2, this is a story full of Borderlands’ trademark humor, following two adventurers on their quest for greatness. You’ll play as Rhys, a Hyperion ‘suit’ with dreams of being the next Handsome Jack, and Fiona, a Pandoran con artist looking to score her biggest ever swindle. Thrown together as unwilling partners in an adventure to recover cash they both think is theirs, their journey will take you on a wild ride where gangsters, bandit lords, and Vault Hunters are just some of the obstacles you’ll encounter."

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) - Microsoft Store

Could this be your problem?

"Requires purchase of Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum; not included in Season Pass.PLEASE NOTE: If you purchased the Season Pass, you will have access to Episodes 2-5 when they are released. Additionally, if you purchased the Telltale Games Collection bundle, do not repurchase this Season Pass. You will have access to Episodes 2-5 when they are released. Buy the Tales from the Borderlands SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically) in the five part game series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Summer 2015. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available. Do not download from the Xbox Games Store, or you will be charged twice. Set on the unforgiving world of Pandora after the events seen in Borderlands 2, this is a story full of Borderlands’ trademark humor, following two adventurers on their quest for greatness. You’ll play as Rhys, a Hyperion ‘suit’ with dreams of being the next Handsome Jack, and Fiona, a Pandoran con artist looking to score her biggest ever swindle. Thrown together as unwilling partners in an adventure to recover cash they both think is theirs, their journey will take you on a wild ride where gangsters, bandit lords, and Vault Hunters are just some of the obstacles you’ll encounter."

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) - Microsoft Store

Summer 2015 and it is now the end of January 2017! Smh.

Summer 2015 and it is now the end of January 2017! Smh.

SMH! Did you ever consider looking this up on your own?

The answer is out there, and likely from Microsoft. Look for it. :rolleyes:

They're advertising X BOX One on the same page, with posts on it that are quite recent. The information they provide might just still be relevant whether you choose to dismiss it or not.

Last edited:
Hard reset? I'd rather not have to do that to be honest.

I can understand that, but from my experience with the XBOne, you'll likely have to do it at some point!

As far as I know (from looking around earlier) the episodes are out. I'll ask my husband later when he gets home as he's likely to know more than me as he's played the telltale series games and he's like a walking game info encyclopedia.

EDIT: Husband says can you check that you definitely have the UK version of the game? He said the easiest way to check is the ratings board logo. If it's PEGI then it's the European version, if it's ESRB it's the US version. The console isn't region locked, so you would be able to play the episode on the disc, but the other episodes which need to be downloaded can't be from the UK xbox store if the disc you have isn't the European version. Other than that he said try looking in the console settings for something like "restore purchases", because he said he's had to do that on consoles before when it's said he doesn't have access to things he already owns.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I managed to get it to work last night, I simply had to "restart Xbox" from within the settings menu.

As for the hard reset, I've had my Xbox One about 20 months and have only had to do that once, when the hard drive crashed one day last year.

New Threads

Top Bottom