• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Taking control

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
I took control of my life because I was under the impression that's what I was supposed to do. But what I did to take control, what I interpreted from what I believed was expected of me, led me down a path that just didn't work. I thought I was doing the right thing. For a while it looked like I was succeeding. I was living a life. I was out in the world. I was making choices. I was enjoying myself.

I got things wrong though, sometimes very wrong, and it didn't make sense that it should be so hard. While other people made mistakes, they dealt with them differently, and it still worked out overall. I couldn't rely on anyone. I couldn't trust them to do it like me. I didn't want to be alone, but how could I disregard my own experience when I was expected to surrender to someone who didn't know what I knew.

They were just being who they were, just as I was who I was, and while I benefited from their support, I realised I had to do it myself.

But people got hurt along the way. And I felt bad when I really understood what caused it.

It's not about living in the past. Nor escaping from it or trying to lose it, but doing the work. Having looked at myself honestly. Having accepted my part. Not blaming. Not hating. Not even hurting, because if I do I haven't finished processing yet.

And there was a lot to look at, so it has taken time, and it's not finished yet, but enough has been done to accept I’m not perfect, so I cannot expect things to always work out perfectly.

And as I make peace with the past, I get lighter, which makes it easier to work on the rest.

All that matters is peace of mind, and peace of mind only happens if I'm at peace. I can't fake it. I can't drug my way into it. It has to be real. I have to be real, and nothing else matters but to work on that. I am the subject and the object. I watch what happens and I experience it. So that in any given moment I can have no doubt that what happens is exactly what has to. No doubt. And living in a state of no doubt, is a state of singularity; a state of connection and love.

I know this because this was how I experienced Israel. It just happened and I was along for the ride, and I was able to trust as if something divine was watching over me. And as things took place I knew they were good, and I could let go further, until eventually I realised there was nothing else but this, and every experience had been leading me to that understanding.

And this explains why it became so hard, because I've been so alone, and I don't really know what I'm doing on my own, not in that wonderfully orchestrated synchronistic way the Universe does. If I have to think of all the possibilities, I go round and around, and never get there.

In singularity, there's nothing to choose, and nothing that needs to. I must be here, and life works, in a simple and supportive way. I interact better as I know what to do, because each moment can be what it already is. There is no conflict. Nothing is wrong. Nothing is missing. It feels like love.

You know l use to walk around with the universe fallacy. Sorry to be blunt.

I no longer subscribe to magical thinking. I am more of India type philosophy. We are all doomed to suffer, Just how would you like to make the journey? Using logic or emotion?

Living in the here and now with the sewer rats seems to be my new journey. I decided to still live in the here and now but to spend more time alone. This way l honor myself.

The universe has been unkind, so l dropped that subscription plan. No updates, no daily reminders. But my reality is truth based, l now have more respect for me.

My control is when I rely on my God, Jehovah!

But, to bring your thread down to human understanding hehehe. On advice from someone, I decided to expand on zoom meetings ( my spiritual meetings). Rather than one to one, just allowed the brother to choose and at first, it was not too bad ie that it was 3 of us, because I put it on speaker only. However, with more than one to one, I lose my identity and am often left out ( not intentionally) and it got to the point, that it was making me miserable and very lonely. So, I got in touch with brothers who usually take the meeting and asked them to put me one on one or a couple ie husband and wife team and once again, I am in control.

I cannot think too deeply about my past, if I want peace of mind and I feel so blessed to know my God.

I don't think we are doomed to suffer. The saying is that pain is inevitable but suffering is optional.

Taking control of your life has nothing to do with what other people are doing. You do what you do. If other people don't do things as you would do them, it has nothing to do with you. Being upset over that is accepting responsibility for something you have no control over.

In singularity, there's nothing to choose, and nothing that needs to. I must be here, and life works, in a simple and supportive way. I interact better as I know what to do, because each moment can be what it already is. There is no conflict. Nothing is wrong. Nothing is missing. It feels like love.

You know, at the heart all religions basically arrive at this very principle. To those caught up in suffering this view seems unreal. But I know this place too. Glad to have company!

Life is not easy. We are bound to make mistakes. It's okay and healthy that you tried to live your own life. Continue to do so as you can. Do something that minimizes hurting yourself and others. Things that help you become/stay independent and hobbies that may help you complete your life.

We are all doomed to suffer,
We are not. We suffer, yes, and we have pleasure, satisfaction and peace.
Like one of the masters said, (paraphrasing) suffering is the right side of your body and happiness is the left.
@simon I read your words and it has been sounding more depressed. Can you make a few calls to find some sort of work to get out of the house (room) each day? Maybe something with a little interaction with people, if that suits you.

New Threads

Top Bottom