• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Take Away Food

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
I’m curious about different fast foods in different parts of the world. I don’t want to hear about the large franchises such as McChuck’s and Kentucky Kitten, what are the local foods you buy in your area from the little corner shops close to work or home.

A very common quick and easy food in Australia is the meat pie but you can’t eat pies day in and day out. Well, I can but most people can’t. There’s a few types of shops in Australia that seem to be the most common, Fish and Chip shop, Hamburger shop, Roast Chicken shop, and Chinese or Vietnamese foods.

It’s pot luck with a lot of these shops, some are really good and some are just rubbish. I’ve found that quite often the better shops are also the cheaper shops. Just down the road from me is a very good chicken shop and they’re fairly cheap too.

A hamburger with a decent sized patty, bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, tomato sauce and mayonnaise - $10.

Those prices are in Australian dollars, $3 Aust = $2 US, or near enough.

I still enjoy curried rooti but not chicken, and die old habit of buying a samoosa snack if I see them.

Salt n vinegar chips
You said zinger wings don't count.
Had a tomatoes and pesto kitsch with coffee other day, best ever!

Does roadhouse count, so nice to have ready made food.....toastie cheese

In west Europe they are everywhere, I didn't know about Australia. I don't think that they are as common in the usa or Canada tho.
In the Americas they seem to have Burritos as a substitute but I hate beans so I prefer Kebabs.

We have a lot of middle eastern style kebab shops here too and I really like them.

I have never heard of this before but it sounds interesting. Can you describe what it is?
From Indian cafe, here sometimes it's like a shop n take away so get gatsby or curry....I dodge vet-koek as oil upsets my reflux.
I've being vegetarian for long while....so trying to eat out is difficult and like in sick of spinach and feta.
Falafel is a vegetarian chickpea dish but doubt you get it cheap, kinda like trying to get a north-indian-vegetarian curry take away .... unlikely.
Kitsch is a savoury pastery with a filling, sure mum made it on day didn't feel like cooking, better than omelette as quick fix.

Guess what I saw in China town, tinned livers....but curried. I was like gosh, I've seeing items tinned before but it was weird. I doubt I try it, nor canned elephant,, no I won't do that. Canned chicken feet, weird. Don't see it often but Google stores examples of just weird tin food

Falafel is a vegetarian chickpea dish but doubt you get it cheap, kinda like trying to get a north-indian-vegetarian curry take away .... unlikely.
Falafel is a very common and cheap food here, it's even a common supermarket shelf item although I doubt that's as good as what's made in a genuine Lebanese shop.

Indian food isn't all that common here but many middle eastern nationalities are and we have many places that specialize in vegetarian foods, especially the curries and chillies.

There's a local place where they sell hamburgers and all those kind of things. And they have something only they have, because the owner made the recipe. They get a bakery to make very big hot dog buns and he invented those buns. Twice as big as normal buns and more tasty. It's called a "loaf baby". Those loaf babies with wiener sausages, fried onion and all the trimmings is very good.

A Mexican Food Truck is where, hands down, you will get the tastiest and highest quality American food. I think Mexican is actually the national cuisine of the USA. Not joking at all. We love it the most. And the food was created by the indigenous people of the Desert Southwest, and Mexico. The foods are modern takes on ancient indigenous foods. Most of the ingredients are native to this continent, and have been used for thousands of years.

iu

If I find a taco truck around, I'll usually order the following combo: A chile relleno burrito, and a Mexican Coke or a Mexican Squirt.

iu

iu

iu

Oh yes, and it's all about the spicy pickled carrots. I don't play when it comes between me and my spicy carrots.

iu

I’m curious about different fast foods in different parts of the world. I don’t want to hear about the large franchises such as McChuck’s and Kentucky Kitten, what are the local foods you buy in your area from the little corner shops close to work or home.

A very common quick and easy food in Australia is the meat pie but you can’t eat pies day in and day out. Well, I can but most people can’t. There’s a few types of shops in Australia that seem to be the most common, Fish and Chip shop, Hamburger shop, Roast Chicken shop, and Chinese or Vietnamese foods.

It’s pot luck with a lot of these shops, some are really good and some are just rubbish. I’ve found that quite often the better shops are also the cheaper shops. Just down the road from me is a very good chicken shop and they’re fairly cheap too.

A hamburger with a decent sized patty, bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, tomato sauce and mayonnaise - $10.

Those prices are in Australian dollars, $3 Aust = $2 US, or near enough.
It's true! There's a place near Redcliffe Beach (in QLD) called Yabbey Road (based on the Beatles) that sells really good fish and chips. Fish and chips are a classic go to Aussie dinner, that I think may have originated in England, our origins ^^

There are a lot of excelent street foods at Mexico, I have found this english article describing them. There are more, but this are the most known:

We have a lot of middle eastern style kebab shops here too and I really like them.

I have never heard of this before but it sounds interesting. Can you describe what it is?
How did you do two replys to two different people in one post? That's cool :O

This is the second time I've seen the thread title and read it
as meaning that food should be removed. Like the title was
a command: Take away food!

Where I live it's not called 'take away.'
It's Take Out.

1679006100237.png

How did you do two replys to two different people in one post? That's cool :O
Hit "reply" to someone's post and write a bit, then hit reply to another post and type a bit more.

You can also do this several times to the same post so that you reply to each different comment in that post.

Here in Michigan, the Finnish and Polish miners were schooled by the Welsh and now a takeaway are Pasties. We also have our version of fish and chips made with freshwater fish, the best are lake Perch (not imported zander perch -- ugh!) or Walleye. Whitefish will do in a pinch.
A Mexican Food Truck is where, hands down, you will get the tastiest and highest quality American food. I think Mexican is actually the national cuisine of the USA. Not joking at all. We love it the most. And the food was created by the indigenous people of the Desert Southwest, and Mexico. The foods are modern takes on ancient indigenous foods. Most of the ingredients are native to this continent, and have been used for thousands of years.

iu

If I find a taco truck around, I'll usually order the following combo: A chile relleno burrito, and a Mexican Coke or a Mexican Squirt.

iu

iu

iu

Oh yes, and it's all about the spicy pickled carrots. I don't play when it comes between me and my spicy carrots.

iu
OMG! a Burrito stuffed with Queso and roasted Ancho chilis. A little Salsa Casera and some of my fermented serrano sauce and I'd be in heaven.

Here in Michigan, the Finnish and Polish miners were schooled by the Welsh and now a takeaway are Pasties.
Pasties are also very popular here. There's also a German version where they make a large tray as one giant pastie and sell slices of it.

We also had a lot of Polish migrants as soon as we dropped the White Australia policy so many Polish recipes are quite common here too, although not as take away food.

New Threads

Top Bottom