• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Symptom of the day

Oh ok, I have an overbite. Where the top teeth are in front of the bottom when I close my mouth. I've never had ,my jaw seize.

Ed

God damnit - I just pulled something in my back lifting heavy bags.

Can this day be over already.

Ed

I'm also TMJ. I chew through mouthguards like a stim because of Bruxism. A professional mouthguard lasts me a few weeks until they have holes. I was referred to get botox injections in the joint, but I thought that sounded nasty and never went. I have tinnitus too so it's a lovely treat to hear my head and jaw 24/7 :(

The ailment of the day is lower back pain and the arch of my left foot has been cramping up every couple of hours for no reason.

Everything hurts lately. I've lost track of how many blasted Advil pills I've taken.

Lower back got screwed up, then mostly was back to normal, then my neck got screwed up, and then just pain in general from both over the last week or so. Been doing alot of icing and therapy stuff. Getting better but stuff still hurts.

Could be worse though. There was a time when it was REALLY bad, and I was frequently taking 4 Advil at once and it just wasnt helping much.

Pain in thighs and chest for no apparent reason (had my heart checked out yesterday, it's fine, but feels kind of like a sore muscle in the area), and also what's probably plantar fasciitis in my left foot.

I’m having a bad fibromyalgia day. Pain in my shoulders, neck, wrists, fingers, hips, knees, ankles and feet. Gonna try to do some yoga and take a hot bath to see if it helps. Not gonna cross my fingers though, that will probably hurt ;)

I'm starting to talk with a slight lisp as I'm not able to open my mouth fully when talking.

I'm only eating soft foods today and going forwards until this is resolved.

Ed

Same here. Right now it really hurts to talk, eat, swallow and it just plain hurts even when I'm doing nothing.

Ed

I wish - I called my dentist and left a voicemail. They basically say they'll work through their list of messages and prioritise what they consider most important.

I've been trying to get a GP appointment for a month - so I can't get a referral through them either.

Ed

I wish - I called my dentist and left a voicemail. They basically say they'll work through their list of messages and prioritise what they consider most important.

I've been trying to get a GP appointment for a month - so I can't get a referral through them either.

Ed

That is about the pace I endured, as well, getting appointments.

One 'basic first step' treatment was "aspirin therapy."
This meant take 20 to 30 aspirin per day for the pain.
Made for a lot of bruising.
I quit the " aspirin therapy" after dreaming that my house
was littered with dozens of aspirin bottles and I was gnawing on an
aspirin the size of a tennis ball.

What finally worked for me was the Hawley retainer.
Calcium magnesium supplements are useful.
And changing my diet.

Anxiety and depression are quite common on the spectrum. With enough mental stressors, your body can follow suit and this might eventually lead to and aches and pains. So, with that in mind - what ails you today?

For me, it's TMJ - a recurring issue with jaw inflammation and pain. A condition that can be provoked by anxiety and depression. Thankfully for me, it usually only lasts a day or so. I felt it starting yesterday throughout the day and by the evening it was flaring up more.

This morning I woke up and it feels like I've been punched in the side of the head. Certain movements cause an excruciating zap of pain, and when not even using my jaw - it's sore and tight. I also can't open my jaw very wide. Breakfast is going to be a real treat.

Ah, the wonders of long term depression.

Ed

I hope you're feeling better. I've never had TMJ but have had a lot of neck problems over the years. Had physical therapy for neck issues which really helped.

Yeah, I have daily neck issues too. That causes other issues such as headaches, eye ache, ear ache etc. It's 50/50 if I wake up ok, or in excruciating pain.

I've debated going back to a chiropractor to see if they can help. It's exhausting living with this amount of physical pains every day for 8 years.

Ed

Yeah, I have daily neck issues too. That causes other issues such as headaches, eye ache, ear ache etc. It's 50/50 if I wake up ok, or in excruciating pain.

I've debated going back to a chiropractor to see if they can help. It's exhausting living with this amount of physical pains every day for 8 years.

Ed

I found that the primary cause of my neck problems was jutting out my chin when sitting (slumping) at the computer for 8+ hours every day. The therapists told me to pull in my chin and sit up straight when working on the computer. Pulling in your chin forces your spine to better align.

New Threads

Top Bottom