• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Survival horror games.

One of the most underrated horror games of the last several years, is The Evil Within 2. I honestly enjoyed it more than any of the recent games in the Resident Evil franchise, which have ended up bland. But I don't think the audience is even there for it. That's a shame, because as you are playing it, you get so many Silent Hill vibes, which is certainly a good thing after not receiving anything from Konami since 2012.

The same can be said of Days Gone. I really highly recommend that to anyone. But I am not pleased how Sony doesn't want to commission a sequel, because of the development process being too slow for the first game, and the mixed reviews it received. But they're kind of acting as if it wasn't very successful. Even the game's director doesn't understand what went wrong.

Something I’d like to add myself here:

I did finally get to play the VR version of SCP Containment Breath.

Good freaking grief that is bloody scary. I mean, it’s the SCP Foundation, OF COURSE it was going to be scary, but walking down these freaking disturbing and quiet hallways, only to turn around and find 106 RIGHT FREAKING THERE… that’s the very first time a horror game got me to vocally react to a scare. I normally don’t yelp, but… oh yeah. That one got me. 106 ALSO got me, and being sucked into his pocket dimension is even more distressing.

There’s a part in there where you encounter him on his “throne”… he tells you to “KNEEL”. You genuinely have to kneel, IRL, or you cannot progress. And having to be down on the ground like that in a horror setting in front of a hideously evil and incredibly powerful villain gives you a really helpless feeling.

VR is REALLY immersive.

When I talk about Resident Evil: Revelations 2 copying Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, I feel like I am probably the only person who notices that there's at least five similarities in that game. But meh.

RE6 actually copies Gears of War 3, I think it is. When you fight the ogre things, the area looks the same as a section in that game. You can even slide down a kid's shoot in the game as well, and you're in a squadron. So, yeah. There's no way that people can say Capcom wasn't copying that.

With RE7, I think they just wanted to get on the bandwagon of first person games becoming the next big thing for survival horror, due to gamers having an acquired taste for Outlast and Silent Hills got cancelled, following the P.T. buzz. So they just seen an opportunity, went with it, and more power to them.

New Threads

Top Bottom