• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stir crazy because I have the flu.

@KagamineLen Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like your fever broke (reasons for sweat), but it may return later. Watch those pneumonia symptoms. I hope the worst is over - I know how bad that worst can be.

Yeah, my immune system has not been the same ever since I developed a case of cellulitis about a decade ago after a vicious and nasty work injury. I have to be careful about this stuff.

I have tried binge watching some anime, but that cough syrup has been keeping me spaced out for the most part, and not in the fun way that weed manages. I can’t understand why people would want to take this stuff recreationally.

I had a similar one for about a month and only got better, in fact. What helped me was:
- sleeping a lot
- eating garlic (natural antibiotic)
- lemon and honey mint tea (for sore throat and coughing)
- onion syrup (to cough out that stubborn mucus)
- drinking A LOT of water (coughing, running nose and fever cause you to loose much more water than normally)
- hugging heat water bottle (mostly for comfort, there's no central heating where I live at the moment)
- butter, honey and garlic hot milk (awful but works)
- Vicks

I hope you get better soon!

Well, I am still ill as of today. My boss and coworkers ant me to stay home until I am over this. I am broke and I might have to sell some things to pay my bills this month now that I am out of paid sick time. Ah, well.

Life sucks.

Cheer up! Could be worse. At least you don't have cancer. I have been in bed almost round the clock since last August.

That sounds... exactly as bad as the coronavirus though.. the major complications of coronavirus that kill are pneumonia and kidney failure.
Flu with pneumonia complication is just as concerning imo...

Take extra special care of yourself!

This is the first I have heard about the kidney complications. I have two autoimmune conditions that affect the kidneys.

Cheer up! Could be worse. At least you don't have cancer. I have been in bed almost round the clock since last August.
Edit: At least you don't have coronavirus! I have been feeling under the weather, myself, having sneeze attacks and am thankful to the Lord above that sneezing is not part of the coronavirus!

Allergy season...though trying to explain one's sneezing and sniffling now could be quite awkward. :oops:

I'm still trying to get over having the shingles...day 23 for me. Who would have thought the chicken pox would come back to haunt me some 59 years later? :eek:

I'm still trying to get over having the shingles...day 23 for me. Who would have thought the chicken pox would come back to haunt me some 59 years later? :eek:

I have shingles at the moment too @Judge. For me, it's a recurring condition that I have to take prophylactic anti viral drugs for, but even then I get 'breakthroughs' which usually occur during periods of significant stress or being run down with a cold.

It's a painful and debilitating condition and I hope that for you it's your first and last bout.

New Threads

Top Bottom