• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still single

That’s two degrees of assumption on your part.

Besides, no one has to like you. No one has to want you to have a girlfriend, either. And whether or not your assumptions are true does not affect your ability to get a girlfriend.

All the arguments you present are full of holes.

I can’t give names. I just know that there are some users here who dislike me so I am sure they don’t want me to have a girlfriend.
This is just one of your deflection tactics. It's not real - it's a story you make up for your own purposes.

It also pushes people away. Telling people who are helping you that they are malicious enemies is a great way to get them to stop helping you.

This is why I occasionally tell you that you are where you've chosen to be in life.

I realized a year or so ago that anyone who actively works to help you (except tree perhaps) gets labelled as an enemy sooner or later. So I figured I either was one, or would be one soon enough, despite having good intentions.

So I sometimes push at the internal "defenses" that have you "locked in place". Of course it's uncomfortable - this kind of change is always uncomfortable. But regret when it really is too late is also uncomfortable, and it doesn't go away.

It also pushes people away. Telling people who are helping you that they are malicious enemies is a great way to get them to stop helping you.
I am so guilty of this. I even accused my close friends of this with my black and white thinking. Thank goodness I only shared it here and with my therapist, never with them. I did straightened it out with my female friend.

If I am not supposed to look for a relationship, how will one ever happen for me? I don’t understand why I was often told “Women will come to you when you stop looking for them.” or similar statements.

Last edited:
If I am not supposed to look for a relationship, how will one ever happen for me? I don’t understand why I was often told “Women will come to you when you stop looking for them.” or similar statements.

That's just a platitude

Please don't believe that crap. It's all crap. I was not looking, or trying and it did not make a damn difference. It actually made things worse.
In my experience, when I was good and content with my life and wasn’t looking, I got nothing.

Granted, I don’t get much when I do myself out there, but I get even less when I don’t.

New Threads

Top Bottom