• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stem cells used to trace autism back to the formation of neurons

Well, may they enjoy their future of no innovation and no one with deep interest in anything.

This is fascinating, @WittyAspie .

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment, as I'm still exploring my recent discovery of ASD, and putting the pieces of my life together, and trying to work forward.

At present, still trying to figure "me" out, I haven't gotten so far involved in it's more intricate underpinnings and development.

Hopefully, someone here can tell of their own studies, and how this relates to them.

Does make me wonder, though.
When young, my friends were always older than I, sometimes by many years.
I wonder if it could be related, abstract though that may seem.

Thank you!

Small sample. I hope more researchers pick up on this-- as long as it doesn't lead to abortions of fetuses that are identified as autistic.

As had been seen in past studies, the mature nerve cells derived from autistic individuals created very complex patterns of branching axons compared to control cells.

Tell me about it. No wonder I'm so tired.

Interesting. And it does make sense. I've read before that it's during early development of the brain. That the brain development starts out with hyperfiring of neurons and then during development the firing slows down and is more controlled, where as with autism the slowing down of the neurons did not take place.

Interesting. And it does make sense. I've read before that it's during early development of the brain. That the brain development starts out with hyperfiring of neurons and then during development the firing slows down and is more controlled, where as with autism the slowing down of the neurons did not take place.

A bit like licking a 9v battery all day long.

New Threads

Top Bottom