• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Statistics: Covid & Vaccines

That's good to know about the global figures. From what I've read if anything else the death numbers reported as Covid death are higher than they likely actually are since deaths by Covid were reported as such in the U.S. even if Covid was even simply suspected as a contributing factor than the actual cause of death.

That would certainly come down to a country by country thing. I don't know what criteria the US used in order to count a death. In India though, I gather people were dying before they could even get in a hospital, so none of those were counted at all. No testing was done. They were just thrown on the pyres, or in the river apparently..

Longer term, we'll probably be able to get closer to what the actual number is by tracking excess deaths in the Covid years compared to the average death rate. Though they'll probably have to do some estimations there too, since Covid lockdowns also led to a virtually non-existent flu season, and probably fewer car accident fatalities as a couple examples.

What can be seen already though is despite fewer deaths to other causes, there are still a significant number of excess deaths per week over the annual average through 2020 and early 2021.

Then there's projections you could do on what Covid could have been.. Even if you assume 2% mortality is too high, and we call it 1% instead. That still would mean Covid had the potential to kill 80 million people around the world, making it worse that WW2.

Fortunately, the extraordinary measures of masking, closing borders, lock-downs, and rapidly developed vaccines are all helping to keep that number far lower than it could've been had the world not done anything.
We're at 4.4 million and counting, but I'm hoping we've already past the worst of it with vaccines rolling out everywhere, and the final total won't exceed 10 million. Time will tell.

You can tell they are doing audits on the Ontario numbers, hence the occasional correction. works itself out in the long run the stats automatically self correct, via bell curve. The death chart is the only one so far that is not quite normal.

Last edited:
From PNAS. there is a superantigenic region onnthe SARS-CoV-2 spike protein which causes dysfunctional activation of the adaptive immune system and creates a Toxic Shock like multi-system hyperinflammation. Meaning it is capable of directly attacking T-cells and the immune system. This would explain why a natural infection does not confer sterilizing immunity. This virus is a nasty customer.

Superantigenic character of an insert unique to SARS-CoV-2 spike supported by skewed TCR repertoire in patients with hyperinflammation

my back ground in microbiology obtained over forty years ago on a lark, is suddenly getting a work out. Wow is life strange.

From PNAS. there is a superantigenic region onnthe SARS-CoV-2 spike protein which causes dysfunctional activation of the adaptive immune system and creates a Toxic Shock like multi-system hyperinflammation. Meaning it is capable of directly attacking T-cells and the immune system. This would explain why a natural infection does not confer sterilizing immunity. This virus is a nasty customer.

Superantigenic character of an insert unique to SARS-CoV-2 spike supported by skewed TCR repertoire in patients with hyperinflammation

Thanks for sharing that Gerald! It was a very interesting read. Also very taxing for my non-medically-trained brain. lol

Nonetheless, seems like the study at least gave some potentially promising new treatments for the symptoms children are getting.

It's a bit concerning that natural infection confers no sterilizing immunity though.
Would that imply that Covid will just continue to circulate, and mutate, and we are in fact going to need ongoing vaccine updates in order to keep the most severe outcomes at bay?
That would suck... :/

1. Interesting the bifrucated results for Ontario are no longer normal for Kurtosis.

Attachments

• Ontario Bifrucated Cases.pdf
    179.5 KB · Views: 123
  • ontario cases.pdf
    203.8 KB · Views: 157
It's a bit concerning that natural infection confers no sterilizing immunity though. Would that imply that Covid will just continue to circulate, and mutate, and we are in fact going to need ongoing vaccine updates in order to keep the most severe outcomes at bay?
That would suck... :/

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but no infection parties, please

^ Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but no infection parties, please

Your assuming every one is capable of getting sick

Attachments

• Ontario Death Rate Z-table.pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 135
The virus will keep until ever infecting susceptible person has been infected, or it will mutate in the other direction becoming less infectious.no point killing all potential victims, it would die out itself.

The virus will keep until ever infecting susceptible person has been infected, or it will mutate in the other direction becoming less infectious.no point killing all potential victims, it would die out itself.

Is it safe to say that every human on planet earth is infected with the "Common Cold" at least once in their lives and many us of influenza as well. I think it's reasonable to assume that every human on the planet will contract Covid19 at some point in their lives as well. It's as likely here to stay as the cold and flu.

Not every one is susceptible too getting covid-19, which is what is causing all the confusion with vaccines it appears to be around 20% in a diverse population. like around here

Attachments

• Peel Case Z-table.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 106
  • York Cases Z-table.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Toronto Z-table.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 121
Not every one is susceptible too getting covid-19, which is what is causing all the confusion with vaccines it appears to be around 20% in a diverse population. like around here

That seems to conflict with information recently that I've read where the Delta is supposed to be one of the most infectious diseases on earth at this point?

That's why I collect my own data. There is a lot of B. S. floating around get the right paradigm and every thing makes sense.

Attachments

• Ontario Death.pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Ontario Death Rate Z-table.pdf
    97.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I regressed the last 15 points of Ontario cases y=22.868x+435.79 expect to see about 1400 cases a day by Canadian thanksgiving Oct. 11

Attachments

• ontario cases.pdf
    203.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
York region has any upper control limit of 578 cases the highest cases ever reached so far in the region is 577 cases. A few days more and it will peak as a failure indicating covid is over in York Region. it peaked out in Peel region months ago.

Attachments

• York Cases.pdf
    201 KB · Views: 122
IF the case rate says sort of linear for Ontario the cases in Toronto should peak a couple of days after thanks giving

Attachments

• Ontario Bifrucated Cases.pdf
    179.7 KB · Views: 93
  • ontario cases.pdf
    204 KB · Views: 102
  • Toronto Cases.pdf
    204.3 KB · Views: 116
York Region has finally peaked similar to Peel region before, now just waiting on Toronto

Attachments

• York Cases.pdf
    230 KB · Views: 102
  • Peel Cases.pdf
    203.3 KB · Views: 107
Ontario has issues with the unvacinated

Attachments

• Ontario regressed data Chart.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Ontario regressed data Chart.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 100
  • ontario cases.pdf
    204 KB · Views: 104
In Croatia 50% general population are unvaccinated, but 86% of cases and 94% of ICU admissions are unvaccinated. So, the vaccine works at least partially.

New Threads

Top Bottom