• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Statistics: Covid & Vaccines

Evidently some sources think so. Though even the rating of media bias seems an equally amateur effort. :rolleyes:

But it is amusing to see what some people think of this particular alleged source of information:

"Overall, we rate Freedom First Network Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, the use of poor sources, a lack of transparency, and false claims. "

Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency, False Information
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Freedom First Network

Personally if and when I want to see if a story has real traction in the media, the first thing I do is to see if the wires services (Reuters, AP, UPI) carry such a story first, and that it is then dispersed to mainstream media sources to republish. If neither sources are willing to even comment on such stories, it speaks volumes.

I might be interpreting what you're saying incorrectly; are you saying that you only believe information that comes through "mainstream" media?

I might be interpreting what you're saying incorrectly; are you saying that you only believe information that comes through "mainstream" media?

I never used the term "believed" at all.

For me it's just a process of deduction, looking at what the wire services do or don't do first. But the process does not ensure truth or falsehood. It's just an analysis of whether or not a story has any "traction" at the highest levels of journalism.

And there is almost always a pattern to it. Where if the wire services won't touch it that credibility is an immediate concern. But if you're looking for absolute guarantees you won't find them. Neither in the media or the medical community.

Last edited:
Covid maybe over in the region of Peel only time will tell. It was the only spot I am monitoring. I was interested in where it maxed out, as an out of control condition. Interested in others opinions.

Attachments

• Peel Cases.pdf
    226.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I spoke to a support worker that I try to have a face covering on, but as I get very anxious sometimes and wearing it contributes to me being anxious, I remove it sometimes, raising complications for shops etc. I said to my support worker therefore that I notified my GP.

Yup, that's how conspiracy theories work all right. Any official source of information must be false because they are lying to keep the truth hidden. The only reliable source could possibly be those other websites that claim the conspiracy is real. They are clearly the only ones that aren't lying.

Apparently we live in a world where social media has more accurate information than scientific organizations. :rolleyes:

conspiracy theories all often true it's called disinformation if you don't think their is a agenda out there maybe you should do some more research with actual critical thinking...

They want you to think it is just conspiracy theories which is why the world is the way it is everyone stopped thinking on thier own and started following the media which is owned and controlled to tell you what they want you to know.

My statistics are getting more interesting by the days, peel region appears to have maxed out Toronto also, looking good, York region has some issues Appears rest of Ontario has issues with getting vaccinated.

The most interesting pattern is the pattern within the patterns. I still suspect Covid in Ontario will peak just after thanksgiving weekend. still appears to be over in Peel region. Canadian thanksgiving is October 11.

Attachments

• Ontario cases aug..pdf
    201.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Peel Cases.pdf
    201.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Ontario Case Z-table.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 149
  • SPC bifurcated Ontario cases.pdf
    9.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Interesting results developing. oOvid almost over in YORK Region got first Toronto run failure Ontario bifrucated a while ago

Attachments

• York Cases Z-table.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Toronto Cases.pdf
    204.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Toronto Cases.pdf
    204.1 KB · Views: 124
  • SPC bifurcated Ontario cases.pdf
    178.2 KB · Views: 124
The bifrucated potion of Ontario statistics just normalized the regions around Toronto the majority population of Ontario have all normalized. fourth wave seems to have settled down still worried about thanks giving.

Attachments

• Ontario Bifrucated Cases.pdf
    179.1 KB · Views: 113
It is important to understand that variant generation is driven by the unvaccinated because an effect of vaccine immunity is that breakthrough infection is characterized by a lower genetic diversity of the resulting virus.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's so tempting to make it sentient and scheming (or worse, divine) rather than a burst of natural selection in action.

Once we stop ogling the show, we can take appropriate measures... Right?

NZ identified the first COVID since February. They were all over it day 1 but it is giving them a run for their money. In a confused country like the US, we are just sitting ducks.

I have been following this Covid from the beginning, when I left the hospital following the stroke I went to visit a friend, had to learn to walk again first he is a fellow undiagnosed Aspie. we have similar academic backgrounds, he told me to follow the Neanderthal connection. which I have been doing ever since. I started reading papers, and began using my skill as a quality engineer to quantify what is really going on. what a journey so far. If you really want to know what is going on check out the Congo and Japan scaled, apples to apples Neanderthals did not make it to central Africa or Japan. Covid had very little impact is these areas.

Last edited:
Things getting more interesting by the day 8 day run failure, Toronto, peel region, York region still normal Issues appears to be in more rural areas of Ontario.

Attachments

• ontario cases.pdf
    204.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Ontario Bifrucated Cases.pdf
    178.5 KB · Views: 93
I am mainly concentrating on Ontario, the mechanism of how Covid attacks the immune system. Suspect the citizens of the Scheyshell islands have something unique about there immune systems.

Ronald: What recommendations to you have for people who want to get into analyzing similar Covid data in the areas that they live? For example, I've noticed that the Dept of Health in my state publishes a very robust and detailed amount of Covid data including the cumulative number of confirmed Covid cases from March 2020 through the present and also publishes the number of deaths related to Covid. They have this broken down by county for the entire state. So far the little bit I've checked in every case the number of Covid deaths in relation to confirmed cases is less than 2% and closer to 1.5%. I would take that to mean that the survival rate in each county in the state is around 98.5%.

How should I analyze this information further?

Being a quality engineer by training, this would be my choice statistics work wonders especially if you have a knack for seeing patterns.

Ronald: What recommendations to you have for people who want to get into analyzing similar Covid data in the areas that they live? For example, I've noticed that the Dept of Health in my state publishes a very robust and detailed amount of Covid data including the cumulative number of confirmed Covid cases from March 2020 through the present and also publishes the number of deaths related to Covid. They have this broken down by county for the entire state. So far the little bit I've checked in every case the number of Covid deaths in relation to confirmed cases is less than 2% and closer to 1.5%. I would take that to mean that the survival rate in each county in the state is around 98.5%.

How should I analyze this information further?

What further information do you want to get/analyze?

Your numbers make sense worldwide as well. Currently, based on the WHO dashboard:
212,357,898 confirmed cases
4,439,843 deaths
Some quick division gives you 2.09% death rate globally.

I'm sure those numbers aren't 100% accurate. Not all sick people get tested, not all deaths necessarily get recorded as covid related. But it's good enough for an estimate of ~2% mortality, ~98% survivability.

So, ya. Need an objective first if you want to calculate out anything else.

I made a generic spread sheet years ago in excel. just fill in the blanks , everything is automated. Sites like this will not allow attachments of this type. I attached deathrate in Ontario up to date,

Attachments

• Ontario Death.pdf
    204.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Ontario Death Rate Z-table.pdf
    97.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
What further information do you want to get/analyze?

Your numbers make sense worldwide as well. Currently, based on the WHO dashboard:
212,357,898 confirmed cases
4,439,843 deaths
Some quick division gives you 2.09% death rate globally.

I'm sure those numbers aren't 100% accurate. Not all sick people get tested, not all deaths necessarily get recorded as covid related. But it's good enough for an estimate of ~2% mortality, ~98% survivability.

So, ya. Need an objective first if you want to calculate out anything else.

That's good to know about the global figures. From what I've read if anything else the death numbers reported as Covid death are higher than they likely actually are since deaths by Covid were reported as such in the U.S. even if Covid was even simply suspected as a contributing factor than the actual cause of death.

New Threads

Top Bottom