• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sperm donation

Autism is more likely genetics than brain injury. In fact, ASD 1 is just skills, personality and way of thinking different than other people.
Agreed. Base autism [ASD1] is genetic/hereditary and a form of neuro-diversity. The severe co-morbid conditions of ASD2/3 are not autism, but additional conditions on-top-of ASD1.

Agreed. Base autism [ASD1] is genetic/hereditary and a form of neuro-diversity. The severe co-morbid conditions of ASD2/3 are not autism, but additional conditions on-top-of ASD1.
Until 1990s ASD 1 was not classified as autism at all, then it was recognized as Asperger's syndrome and finally in DSM 5 fallen into Autism spectrum.

Until 1990s ASD 1 was not classified as autism at all, then it was recognized as Asperger's syndrome and finally in DSM 5 fallen into Autism spectrum.
True, but the 1 means minimal severity; minimal co-morbid conditions. Without said co-morbids, autism is a difference, not a defect. (That is the basis for the neuro-diversity concept.)

Base autism (without co-morbids) does not need to be cured or prevented.
Severe co-morbids DO need to be cured or prevented, if at all possible.

Hello. I am autistic and I would love to donate my sperm. Unfortunately this is not possible for autistic people. What do the most intelligent people think about this on this website?
Hi Johan, Now that the most intelligent people on this website have shared their thoughts, it’s my turn. I think there are too many children already that need homes. I also wonder about the future. Now that so many people use genealogical websites where they submit their DNA, it could be even easier for your biological children to track you down. Depending on how their life has played out, they could be glad, mad, or sad to meet you. What do you think about that?

Now that so many people use genealogical websites where they submit their DNA, it could be even easier for your biological children to track you down.

Wow, that is a most fascinating realization. I have to imagine there is an explosion in the number of these types of situations happening right now. I'd watch that documentary.

New Threads

Top Bottom