• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sperm donation

The Autistic Warrior

Hello. I am autistic and I would love to donate my sperm. Unfortunately this is not possible for autistic people. What do the most intelligent people think about this on this website?

Why would you want to pass your messed up genetics on when there is a good chance that they could end up ASD3? Would you REALLY wish this on a child? I am not the smartest person on the forum but this is simple common sense not rocket science.

I believe my daughter has some signs of this. However, l had no idea l maybe assigned this *distinction *. Glad she is here but l also worried about her as she was growing up. Not sure if her dad's BPD or my sides of spectrum created some issues for her. Would any of us have kids if we knew our true degrees of breakdowns of classification of personality issues?

Spread that seed brother. So called NTs have been running the world since we climbed down from the trees and started dragging our knuckles on the ground. Look where that's gotten us. The world is on fire. Maybe more logically thinking people like us is what's needed. Saying we shouldn't reproduce is the same as saying Asians or blacks or whites or gays shouldn't reproduce. I see no difference. As far as difference goes, I embrace mine. I'm proud to not be a sheep. Yeah we have our struggles. So does every other person on the planet. And off it.

Spread that seed brother. So called NTs have been running the world since we climbed down from the trees and started dragging our knuckles on the ground. Look where that's gotten us. The world is on fire. Maybe more logically thinking people like us is what's needed. Saying we shouldn't reproduce is the same as saying Asians or blacks or whites or gays shouldn't reproduce. I see no difference. As far as difference goes, I embrace mine. I'm proud to not be a sheep. Yeah we have our struggles. So does every other person on the planet. And off it.
Tell that to my son...

Larger picture, Genetic disorders often skip a generation so even if your child ends up NT due to the genes that are associated with autism, schizophrenia and Parkinson's (Many of the genes in these greatly overlap) being recessive it still doesn't mean that future generations will be so lucky.

Hello. I am autistic and I would love to donate my sperm. Unfortunately this is not possible for autistic people. What do the most intelligent people think about this on this website?

How are we supposed to determine who the "most intelligent people" are on this forum?

Self-report?
Voting?
Or what?

Also we are talking about Sperm Donation NOT natural conception. In sperm donation the receiver does not know who the donor is so you could also be putting someone you don't even know and doesn't know about your genetic defect through having to raise said child.

Sperm Donation doesn't necessarily imply conception.
NASA used semen from cattle and humans to determine
how or whether space travel affected motility.

https://www.nasa.gov/ames/micro-11

Or maybe the OP is indicating that he enjoys the process
required for ejaculation and is willing, even eager, to go
through the necessary motions. :expressionless:

There's the chance of passing on ASD to your children if that's your aim.

Some may catch on to this and will act accordingly, so if you get lucky this is something you will need to accept. Not to mention bearing the responsibilities of being a parent to begin with, but that's another topic. Your choice.

Last edited:
Sperm Donation doesn't necessarily imply conception.
NASA used semen from cattle and humans to determine
how or whether space travel affected motility.
Yes and we wouldn't want any autistic sperm traveling the universe. :D

I support the rule 100% because there is absolutely no justification for giving someone else's child autism.

Make no mistake about one thing. Those of us on the spectrum who survive and even thrive do so because society takes care of us to some extent. Individuals with autism and especially families with children on the spectrum need a lot of support services to say the least. That is only possible if the society we live in has a sufficiently robust safety net.

I live in America where the availability of support services is thankfully improving. However that is a recent thing. I grew up watching my mother struggle to get help for her autistic children only to find none. She went without any support services and had to figure things out for herself. It was not until the advocates of preventive medicine made their case successfully that either congress or the healthcare industry gave any thought to providing support services.

Please, reconsider your desire to donate sperm. Your desire to father children is normal and healthy. However for those of us on the spectrum the risk is too great. Especially if you will not be there to fight for your child's welfare.

I think it's a reasonable precaution too. While it is true that the "autism gene" has produced some geniuses without which the world would be a much poorer place, it also results in many who need extensive care just to survive, never mind thrive.
Many so called "high functioning" individuals also have many personal problems that are an everyday struggle to overcome.

Also to think that the "autism gene" could lead to a master race would be as erroneous as thinking blond hair was superior to red hair. The human race requires diversity.

I can sort of understand your disappointment in that I used to be a blood donor but following a mild anaphylactic reaction I am no longer allowed to be a donor, the risk to the recipient is unwarranted.

As Len has stated you won't be there to support the child, if you were and the autism disorders were not severe then perhaps you could help the child through the many hurdles most of us have endured

Now if the issue was that all those with autism should be sterilised then that would be a different issue as very few people with potential genetic disorders are prevented from having children (some do choose not to depending on the condition etc.).
In the normal course of events peoples taste in a "mate" are highly variable, while some women seek men who can provide financial security, some seek strength and some seek intelligence (there are numerous other factors, hair colour, height, eye colour...). Even then there is the mysterious "chemistry" that drive some people apart and some together that "chemistry" may be at a subconscious level how individuals know how genetically compatible they are. Sperm donation bypasses that "chemistry".

Sperm banks pay for and sell sperm. They only want to bank sperm they believe is going to sell well. Therefore there are donors they are not interested in.

I don't know how I feel about sperm/ egg donation or IVF anymore. I was shown a couple testimonies of people conceived by artificial means, and they grow up feeling horrid about themselves for being created in such a way. I think they have a website where they tell their stories called "Them Before Us". I don't know if that's the name of the site, but someone showed it to me before. It's really sad how the artificially conceived children feel.

I had a look at this site. It states immediately and upfront that children SHOULD be brought up by their biological mother and father, I don't think it's based so much on any research amongst children, as on the selective ideas of a particular mindset. This site appears intolerant of any other type of family, and to ignore the fact that a high amount of abusive behaviour occurs to children in many families where both parents are present, but do not appear to have their children's best interests at heart.

New Threads

Top Bottom