• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special Interest targets as humans?

what do you think of my being Abigail's biggest and loneliest fan?

• Who Cares? you're not hurting anyone

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I say end this now before someone possibly gets hurt.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • restraining order, now! you've gone too far

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other opinion in the comments below

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Although I'll never get how anyone can find anyone under thirty interesting, if you want your interest in a person to qualify as one of the famed "autistic special interests" you ought to treat it (them) like a subject. When I was a kid, I loved reading about Viggo Mortensen. I never wanted to meet him, but I still know his birthdate and early filmography twenty years later.

However, you seem to be asking about quitting such an interest, and that comes down to detatching and looking at it objectively. This past year I have had an "obsession" with note taking methods, until recently when I sat myself down and told me, "Ylva, you have watched every note taking video on YouTube. Twice. You are not going to find anything you don't already know."

So now I'm into bullet journaling instead.

New Threads

Top Bottom