• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spacing Out When Overloaded.

I definately lean in that direction but would not normally ever allow myself to give in to the inclination as it doesn't go well with most aspects of the life I choose. If you are in a place at at a time when it doesn't matter it doesn't harm anything, but that is not the sort of time and place where it is likely to happen. Some of it is training yourself in a way to remain at least functionally in the present.

Yep. It happens to me too. I call it the zombie state.
It happened one time when I was in that state, I was around 16, that I was walking home from school and I was so spaced out that I crossed the road without looking or caring to look for the cars and I was almost run over by one. I heard the sound of the car hitting the brakes but I didn't react at all, didn't even look, just kept on walking...
But I learned with time to control myself and therefore being able to go through life without big accidents.

Sometimes when I get stressed I space out completely but some friends of mine figured out a way to bring me back to normal quicker without side effects namely they experimented trying different things when I would space out to help me when I could not get up and go somewhere else, their methods that worked included shoulder rubs, tight hugs, and lap pillow cuddling. Almost forgot my friends were females and were very understanding lol. Just some thoughts that could help.

New Threads

Top Bottom