• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sound/noise

Unfortunately I didnt read page two because I know I need to sleep. I didnt realise that sound was different to everybody ( I mean normalities) I actually thought everybody could feel sound. I can handle a lot of types of spunds through years of conditioning but still internally struggle however I find sudden noises particularly difficult and makes me jump because its like a can feel the vibration traveling through my bodu. Does anyone else get this ? im sorry if its a dumb question but ive only just discovered that everyone does not feel this. I thought it was a very "normal "thing .
I get this. Like a shock to the senses when clattering noise happens. Almost makes me feel dizzy and vertigo for a split second. Glad you said this. I get that. It's pretty freaky. A horrible disturbing invasive feeling?

I agree with a lot of what's being here. Someone Clapping annoys me its too sharp for my ears, but an applause is OK. I rage when a loud moped passes with a long drawn out consistent prolonged single tone.. my ears...!! I wanna scream and rip them of their bike and bash em. Obviously I just amble along covering my ears instead. If a bus goes past, too slow...a low reverberating vibratey drown... people laughing, chatting when I need quiet, some voice tones, cats crying. The wrong Music, or music when music is on.. I especially hate it when my gf, uses her phone for music at bath time, and she brings it out the bathroom blaring in hand, tosses it to the sofa, and potters about.. I'm trying to watch TV or think something. I Hide it but inside I am on FULL BOIL. ... aspie world.. :?

Everything you just said, including the gf with the loud iphone music. Insane.

Wow ok. Not sure if it disturvs me but certainly feel the noise throuhout my body. sometimes my body follows it ... what I like to call a shingle. Sometimes I find myself follows it with a noise like the only people make when they are freezing only im not cold. I just feel the noise. ..

Wow, Nah I don't do that I dont think. However, I went to Glastonbury festival in '95. And whilst I don't advocate, I was on acid/lsd and the mini raves were doing that to me. Like a magnet or some hypnotic meandering that draws me in to the beat, that attracted me. I discovered Goa trance/ Paul oakenfold doing just that.

Gota love the psychedelics. Peace of mind . When my words make way out of my mouth... ....... sidewind but also find music to me is like a gateway through my emotions . It can sooth enhance and like sime terrible gaba can overwhelm me

I used to like a bit of techno hard techno in the raves. Sometimes gabba, but hard trance was my favorite dance genre. I loved it so much. Once, I was dancing so hard, at the end of the set Mark E.G. came up to me and shouted something in my ear and we were just bouncing raving out with each other. Then as quick as that he picked up his flight case and bolted.. the people coming up to me was immense. I was like a hero... felt cool as hell. .. haha the good ol days...

When I am stressed, noises 'get to me' more than usual. I can get really irritated or stressed anyway by loud noises (balloons are the worst) but sometimes smaller, repetitive noises that many people seem not to notice really make me anxious. (Eg. Somone tapping a pen, etc). I have ear defenders, but I dislike wearing them (they feel uncomfortable).

When I am stressed, noises 'get to me' more than usual. I can get really irritated or stressed anyway by loud noises (balloons are the worst) but sometimes smaller, repetitive noises that many people seem not to notice really make me anxious. (Eg. Somone tapping a pen, etc). I have ear defenders, but I dislike wearing them (they feel uncomfortable).

I can relate to this. When I am overwhelmed things bother me that wouldn't bother me if I was not overwhelmed.

New Threads

Top Bottom