• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sorry to be absent...

Naturalist

I just wanted to let everyone know, I am still here but a bit less so lately, I have been having trouble with migraines when I look at the computer screen so it is hard to keep up with AC. I miss you, friends!

Sorry to hear about the Migraines. Screens are very rough on heachaches. Hopefully they will subside soon and you'll get some relief.

Best of wishes!

Erm, have you tried tweaking the brightness in the monitor menu settings? I keep a lot of my screens set between 0% to 50%. Especially during times when I have to start off on the computer first thing in the morning, that bright glare just makes my eyes burn.

Two things regarding migraine. One: apparently leaning your legs against a wall, with you lying down and a pillow to raise your head, relieves the pressure from your head.

Two: I find dimming the screen helps the eyes.

Lastly, my heart hurts for you, because I used to get them often, when on prozac and was rendered in bed for 2 days and vomiting.

Thanks everyone! I had my screen at 25% but I put it down as low as it would go. I wish I could get comfortable with the idea of f.lux app but don't feel comfortable jailbreaking the device...

I also experimented with reserving computer work for certain times of day, and it does seem to help if I work for very short periods when I am recently fed and have lots of water on hand. I think something is wrong with my glasses prescription for one eye, as it always hurts worse on the left side after working, so I need to make an appointment to get that checked.

I hadn't heard about the migraine treatment Suzanne recommended, but I tried it and it did seem to help some. My usual migraines aren't painful, just loss of a portion of my visual field which goes awash in bright light, but lately these have been painful too. I don't want to resort to meds, so I am just limiting the time I spend on the computer and will see if the lens prescription needs adjusting...

There was a summer that I spent half of most days in the bright light.
In the early fall I had a brain scan, an eeg, and an old fashioned Glucose Tolerance test.
Hypoglycemia.

A few times every year I get migraine aura (the scintillating scotoma, but no pain).
Generally these events take place in the summer when I am busy and eat less because the
weather is warm.

There was a summer that I spent half of most days in the bright light.
In the early fall I had a brain scan, an eeg, and an old fashioned Glucose Tolerance test.
Hypoglycemia.

A few times every year I get migraine aura (the scintillating scotoma, but no pain).
Generally these events take place in the summer when I am busy and eat less because the
weather is warm.
Glad you mentioned that. I felt really bad the other day when dinner was delayed. May get a thyroid test too.

Thanks everyone! I had my screen at 25% but I put it down as low as it would go. I wish I could get comfortable with the idea of f.lux app but don't feel comfortable jailbreaking the device...

I also experimented with reserving computer work for certain times of day, and it does seem to help if I work for very short periods when I am recently fed and have lots of water on hand. I think something is wrong with my glasses prescription for one eye, as it always hurts worse on the left side after working, so I need to make an appointment to get that checked.

I hadn't heard about the migraine treatment Suzanne recommended, but I tried it and it did seem to help some. My usual migraines aren't painful, just loss of a portion of my visual field which goes awash in bright light, but lately these have been painful too. I don't want to resort to meds, so I am just limiting the time I spend on the computer and will see if the lens prescription needs adjusting...

I don't take any credit, kestrel, for this idea, but so glad it helped a bit. It was posted on my Facebook wall and thought: Ah, when hubby gets a migraine, I can suggest trying this and then, saw your post. Good on you for trying it out.

There you are! :) I am so happy to read you. My deepest compassion for your migraines.
Might you consider (very) affordable community acupuncture? It's about $15 - $20 / treatment, and wow, does it ever banish those migraines! Awesome success with this! Perhaps Google community acupuncture in your area? Just a thought.

You have indeed been missed! May you feel much better, soon. :sunflower:

New Threads

Top Bottom