• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs You Don't Really Like, but Can't Stop Listening To

This may be challenging for your ears! Dogs and cats too! But it's about a cat too! I don't dislike the song though, I find it so interesting, they basically invented music for themselves! :)

This may be challenging for your ears! Dogs and cats too! But it's about a cat too! I don't dislike the song though, I find it so interesting, they basically invented music for themselves! :)

Thank you for the warning.

Too much too much too much for me. Don’t want to yuck your yums, but my brain said “no thank you, shutting down now. “

OK come on! I love KISS! They have a certain je ne sais quoi that only 70s kids can feel!

I even wanted to be Peter Criss for Hallowe'en one year.

Here's one:

merci, mes amis

OK come on! I love KISS! They have a certain je ne sais quoi that only 70s kids can feel!

I even wanted to be Peter Criss for Hallowe'en one year.

Here's one:

merci, mes amis
People told me that this isn't a real KISS song because it's too disco but this often ends up on repeat for me! :)

I was five or six when KISS was big.
My older brother had all the albums.
We used to blast it in our basement with disco lights and wear KISS makeup.
I was the coolest little rocker chick in Kindergarten and no one can take that away from me!

:blush::hearteyes::joycat:

Seriously though. My brother isn't well, so these are really nostalgic memories.

We were supposed to see them in concert 20 years ago and I bailed, to go do something which turned into the biggest trauma of my life.

That's an indelible memory too.

I was five or six when KISS was big.
My older brother had all the albums.
We used to blast it in our basement with disco lights and wear KISS makeup.
I was the coolest little rocker chick in Kindergarten and no one can take that away from me!

:blush::hearteyes::joycat:

Seriously though. My brother isn't well, so these are really nostalgic memories.

We were supposed to see them in concert 20 years ago and I bailed, to go do something which turned into the biggest trauma of my life.

That's an indelible memory too.

That's amazing! :) It sounds like you had a great time! I'm sorry you missed out on going to see KISS and also experienced something traumatic :-( I'm glad you still enjoy listening to KISS and keeping those fun memories!

I'm sorry about your brother too :-( I hope he will feel better soon :)

Thanks! It's a permanent condition for him (he went blind), but we're all coping a little better now.

If you wanna be my lover you gotta get with my friends

lol - I said this to my partner

Thanks! It's a permanent condition for him (he went blind), but we're all coping a little better now.

If you wanna be my lover you gotta get with my friends

lol - I said this to my partner
Oh dear :-( That must be really challenging to deal with. I'm glad that you are all coping better now. :)

I remember a guy at my school bought that Spice Girls CD back when it came out. He was teased mercilessly. Thankfully he seemed to be quite proud of himself so it didn't seem to bother him :)

I don't know if any of you get into these phases, but sometimes I keep listening to a song on repeat even though I don't even like it. I guess sometimes I need something ridiculous to laugh at, if it's been a stressful day. Right now, it's this:

It's like the dumbest, most upbeat song. Ridiculously upbeat. So on a day where I just want to beat my head against the wall, I need this. (And it reminds me of Seinfeld.)
I had a crush on Sheena Easton in high school. :D

To be honest, l don't think I ever choose to listen to songs I don't like. It simply doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't I listen to a song I like instead? However, when it comes to silly/humorous songs or songs with stupid lyrics I absolutely do, but it's because I like them, not because I don't. I also stop playing songs once I get bored of them, not because I can't stop. That doesn't mean I won't play them on repeat if I continue enjoying them or they entrance me, even if they are stupid.

I never actually play this song when by myself, but it was among my favourites when I was a kid and I still think it's great, even though it's absolute nonsense Europop.

Maybe you're younger than I am. ^

We had to listen to the entire side of vinyl albums, as well as cassette tapes, and radio stations.

Skipping songs on a CD was considered high-tech.

There were lots of songs I heard that I didn't like.

Maybe you're younger than I am. ^

We had to listen to the entire side of vinyl albums, as well as cassette tapes, and radio stations.

Skipping songs on a CD was considered high-tech.

There were lots of songs I heard that I didn't like.
I specifically mentioned choose to listen to for this reason. The original post said "sometimes I keep listening to a song on repeat even though I don't even like it." I am younger than you, true, but I've definitely listened to songs I don't like incidentally. I would just never choose to do so when by myself, especially not on repeat like the first poster mentioned. Perhaps I should have quoted his post in my first comment.

To be honest, l don't think I ever choose to listen to songs I don't like. It simply doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't I listen to a song I like instead? However, when it comes to silly/humorous songs or songs with stupid lyrics I absolutely do, but it's because I like them, not because I don't. I also stop playing songs once I get bored of them, not because I can't stop. That doesn't mean I won't play them on repeat if I continue enjoying them or they entrance me, even if they are stupid.

I never actually play this song when by myself, but it was among my favourites when I was a kid and I still think it's great, even though it's absolute nonsense Europop.

Anyone remember the Numa Numa guy? He posted a viral video of himself lip syncing and dancing to the song on the site Newgrounds in December 2004.

:D Well, Kurt Cobain and Frank Zappa loved them. But, I agree with Rodafina.

New Threads

Top Bottom