• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something happening?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Just had a great deal of difficulty today at 2:32 PM coming to the site at all. Firefox browser will not not permit it. Have actually had to download another browser to connect to Aspie Central. This is the error message I've copied:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.aspiescentral.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

www.aspiescentral.com uses an invalid security certificate.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Hope that this can be rectified in some way, in the meantime my browser for this site is now Opera.

Last edited:
what is the date/time of your PCs built in time?
sometimes when the CMOS battery is failing it screws with the date/time if i remember correctly so it can put you years behind and your browser would view aspie central as having a wrong security certificate because it obviously has the correct date.

if it isnt this then i dont know what it is,penguin is probably your best bet for help,he is awesome with computer stuff.

Hi Toothless, it's not my computer which is running fine. I can connect to all other websites with Firefox, just not this one. My clock is reading properly, as is the date and time.

I've had a similar problem when I've connected to the website during my lunch break at work. Sometimes I get the exact same message when I access the website using Internet Explorer with the warning popping up and saying that the website is unsafe because of the certificate, etc.
No idea why that happens, especially as I have no such problem accessing it at home on either Chrome or Firefox.

Very odd.

Hi Toothless, it's not my computer which is running fine. I can connect to all other websites with Firefox, just not this one. My clock is reading properly, as is the date and time.
ah sorry mia,i wish i could have solved your problem quickly.

what firefox version are you on? mine is 50.01.0, and ive never had any issues on AC,the only thing i can think of is if you uninstall firefox and download the latest firefox rather than upgrade to it?

It happened to me as well, like 30min ago but I was using Chrome, and I was disconnected from the smartphone app too.

I had whilst using my tablet that aspiecentral is not secure, please click to refresh and guess what? No refresh!

But all is ok using my laptop here and I use firefox browers but google with my tablet.

It happened to me as well, like 30min ago but I was using Chrome, and I was disconnected from the smartphone app too.

I've had the same issues, chrome told me that the connection was not secure. It's letting me use the site now, but app still will not work. It wouldn't load, then signed me out and now when I try to sign in, it tells me it cannot connect to the server.

I used to get that when I was running Firefox or Chrome, can't remember what one. That was something like a year ago now. Just ignore it.

what firefox version are you on? mine is 50.01.0, and ive never had any issues on AC,the only thing i can think of is if you uninstall firefox and download the latest firefox rather than upgrade to it?

Same version as yours and the latest update was done two weeks ago. Not sure that the entire problem rests with firefox, they tend toward being a little heavy-handed with security certs. It actually began working with firefox about two hours later. So problem rectified.

Yeah I've been having some problems accessing the net or my torrent program sometimes when I have my vpn on. I really only got a Remote vpn bc I was having problems by infringement of copyrights when I downloaded movies. Like when I downloaded and Viewed "the men who stare at goats", i got a warning from the mmpaa when i downloaded that movie. You may not realize it but maybe the reason you are having trouble is that you are doing something similar. I've run across someone else doing this (didn't get in semi-trouble like me) before.

New Threads

Top Bottom