• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something embarrassing and weird today

Dillon

i had such a mornig today and not so good of a one In such it never happened before.
I was at my 8:00am class and there’s this girl who’s sits beside me for some odd reason since we barely talk to each other notices I was looking on my syllabus when our last exam was which is next week (fixing to get slapped with 3 exams next Thursday plus present a research project). I was reminding myself and her when our exam was and she went on saying “I better not pull what I did last time” and I’m like what exactly did I even do ?
She was referring to two weeks ago when we had our second exam she comes in five minutes prior to the start of the exam and come up to me saying “please tell me we do not have an exam” as the professor is clearly passing out the exams. I told then that I told her a week before it was going to be on a Tuesday. She got all offended so she just walked out of class...

So she’s still mad at me for that and this morning she was screaming at me saying how rude and awful of a person I am when I was clearly helping her out so she would’ve been more prepared for this one.
Anyway, everyone in the room wanted to know what the heck was going since they been seeing what happened this morning and over the last exam. People were wanting to know if I was ok and such and if I needed anything which I appreciated but that was way too much!
She made me almost cry in class which is understandable but I felt like maybe I did something to offended her or if she was just being a heartless person to talk to me like that? I’m I in the wrong here?

Last edited:
You didn't do anything wrong. The only person your classmate has cause to be upset with is herself. I don't know why she's treating you so badly.

i had such a mornig today and not so good of a one In such it never happened before.
I was at my 8:00am class and there’s this girl who’s sits beside me for some odd reason since we barely talk to each other notices I was looking on my syllabus when our last exam was which is next week (fixing to get slapped with 3 exams next Thursday plus present a research project). I was reminding myself and her when our exam was and she went on saying “I better not pull what I did last time” and I’m like what exactly did I even do ?
She was referring to two weeks ago when we had our second exam she comes in five minutes prior to the start of the exam and come up to me saying “please tell me we do not have an exam” as the professor is clearly passing out the exams. I told then that I told her a week before it was going to be on a Tuesday. She got all offended so she just walked out of class...

So she’s still mad at me for that and this morning she was screaming at me saying how rude and awful of a person I am when I was clearly helping her out so she would’ve been more prepared for this one.
Anyway, everyone in the room wanted to know what the heck was going since they been seeing what happened this morning and over the last exam. People were wanting to know if I was ok and such and if I needed anything which I appreciated but that was way too much!
She made me almost cry in class which is understandable but I felt like maybe I did something to offended her or if she was just being a heartless person to talk to me like that? I’m I in the wrong here?
Your classmate sounds crazy! You did nothing wrong and you owe her nothing.

You did nothing wrong. It's her problem that she did not or would not realize when there was a test.

This is college. Not high school. Where when you fail, you fail all on your own as an adult- not a child.

College really isn't for just anyone or everyone.

Last edited:
Agree with all the above. You were trying to be helpful and it's up to each person to keep up with what's going on in their classes.

You're autistic which means you're naturally going to assume it's your fault, something you missed or didn't understand. In this case it sounds like someone who's neglected their course responsibilities and is looking for something to blame. It's a simple and easily penetrated deflection tactic. The fact that others gravitated towards you and asked after your well being suggests that they recognised it too.
You didn't mess up at all IMO but I think she did.

The thing that bugged me though was she’s always asking every time we have lab what I am writing my paper about and (we had to do 8 three page papers over any organism we write about for each lab throughout the semester)...you were in lab so you should know what to write about and not take credit for what you didn’t do. I finally put a stop to that knowing she was taking advantage of me.

She sounds mentally ill. Do you have any idea if she behaves that way with anyone else or if it's specific to you? You seem adorable, maybe it's driving her nuts! And if I had to guess, it sounds like maybe she perceived you as insulting her intelligence both times. I'm not saying you did, that was just my first thought. Can't just sit somewhere else? I can't imagine a college class has assigned seating.

She sounds mentally ill. Do you have any idea if she behaves that way with anyone else or if it's specific to you? You seem adorable, maybe it's driving her nuts! And if I had to guess, it sounds like maybe she perceived you as insulting her intelligence both times. I'm not saying you did, that was just my first thought. Can't just sit somewhere else? I can't imagine a college class has assigned seating.
We do not have assign seating at all we can practically sit where ever we want I usually do not like to move since I find it weird I sometimes to be in a different area of the room than what I’m used to.
She decided to move to the back of the room not me.
It seems to be that way with me a lot lately specifically towards me to where it’s getting kind of creepy.
And I had to block her number for good since I got a text from her earlier of her critizing of me being an aspie in general and that was unacceptable to me. I’m dropping her out of my life for good cause i draw the line when someone wants to poke fun of something I cannot help.

What a whacko!!!!!!! Something weird is going on with her!!

ccc.jpg

I would have said the same thing and it INFURIATES nts.

I believe she was joking.

My husband says when it is winter. It is so cold and I respond: well, it would be cold, it is winter and he says: thanks, that is not one bit helpful and I am left with thinking? What on earth did I say wrong? I only stated a fact!

I did say it to someone else and they actually laughed and said: you got a good point there.

Now, if my husband had said: wow it is hot and it was winter time, I would agree.

I agree with everyone else here - it's her problem, not yours. She is lazy and irresponsible. When she rails on you, it's not about you - it's about how she feels when she's blaming someone else for her problems. You just happen to be the nearest target.

You were right to block her number. I'd recommend having as little to do with her as possible.

Good luck on your tests!

New Threads

Top Bottom