• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Someone in my neighborhood has a vulgar SSID.

It seems that you have quite a few triggers. When you encounter a trigger, think to yourself: I have power over this. It doesn't have power over me.

I took this screenshot on a night out in a bar a few years ago and I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to post it

IMG_1978.PNG

I took this screenshot on a night out in a bar a few years ago and I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to post it

View attachment 97392
It's funny to think of this compared to the local networks where I am. Where nearly all of them are left to the default of the ISP rather than changing them to a custom SSID.

A great way of letting everyone know they're a wifi noob. But then with with a WiFi Analyzer you can determine even more...

It's funny to think of this compared to the local networks where I am. Where nearly all of them are left to the default of the ISP rather than changing them to a custom SSID.

A great way of letting everyone know they're a wifi noob. But then with with a WiFi Analyzer you can determine even more...

I have a great solution for all wifi problems and wifi names. I don't have wifi. :D Everything in my house is connected with cables and the wifi is turned firmly off. :cool:

Last edited:
I don't think people care much about kids seeing the F-word these days. They see much worse things.

I have a great solution for all wifi problems and wifi names. I don't have wifi. :D Everything in my house is connected with cables. :cool:
I gave up WiFi two years ago. 100% Ethernet, baby! Even my two printers are using USB now. Wouldn't think of using a WiFi Roku device. Ethernet only.

I just have my Ethernet cables lining the tops of the floor baseboards. Might not look pretty, but it works just fine.

Simply put, where I live there is a silly number of Wifi users all around me. Not cool.

Last edited:
Sara is a princess :) Kissin' cousins..? Do we want to know what's happening there.. who came up with that name and why.
"xfinitywifi" and "DorsetHall Guest" . Close signals, and unlocked...no password required. A fool, or a trap for unsuspecting people up to no good?

And yet there's usually at least one person who doesn't have a clue regarding Internet security and encryption issues. Go figure...

If it makes you as upset as you claim you are, maybe you should just stop using the internet. Getting mad over something like that is ridiculous.

And yet there's usually at least one person who doesn't have a clue regarding Internet security and encryption issues. Go figure...
Probably using custom firmware like Tomato which is great in my old router, but defaults to no security.

I got a WiFi 6E router now.

Not directly related to the discussion, but I recommend people read @Tony Ramirez's byline. Phobias are a serious issue which can have a severe negative effect on one's quality of life if one encounters triggers frequently. Though it is often possible to get counseling, it doesn't mean that it's cheap or easy, and it doesn't guarantee that it will work. He has three phobias mentioned in his byline: Maskaphobia (fear of people wearing masks), kakologophobia (fear of swear words) and zomaiphobia (fear of a specific swear word I won't mention here, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the SSID).

I know this doesn't help fix the issue, but I'm just pointing out that it doesn't work to just "ignore" phobias, and they can induce a significant physical response when a trigger is encountered. I'm also mentioning it in case someone didn't know what those words mean. I hope the situation gets resolved amicably.

New Threads

Top Bottom