• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Soda poll!

What soda are you sipping?

• Cola

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sprite/7-up

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Ginger Ale

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Root Beer

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Orange soda (or any other fruity flavor)

• Energy drinks

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Diet sodas / Sparkling water / Zero calorie options

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I mix it with hard alcohol

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
(Be careful when answering this poll. "What is your favorite soda?" is a common security question [for passwords, etc.].
full
)

Also, if your age was your bank account number, how old would you be?

I don't care too much for sodas.
Diet Coke, if I have one.

The Sparkling waters with fruit essences are my favourites. Aha and Bubly.
No sugars or artificial sweeteners and quite refreshing.
Usually I have one iced green tea at lunch.
I drink more water than anything.

The diets are not healthy. No wonder some feel strange or even get headaches with Aspartame.
It was originally a creation meant to be some sort of new drug by big pharma.
It didn't do what it should, but, they found it was very sweet.
Of course they needed to find a use for their creation, so it was incorporated into drinks as zero calories.
It is a chemical that alters the brain and nervous system mostly. But, no matter how many
bad things are found about it, IT MAKES MONEY!

Splenda is sucralose. Sucralose can cause digestive issues and diarrhea.
A no no for me.

Stevia is the safest sweetener. A plant.
I don't know why it isn't used more. They should have fields of it going IMO.
It's expensive when you do find something sweetened with it.

Reversed Osmosis water, mineral water, and sparkling fruit essenced water. Good stuff.

I make my own pop. (Pop means soda if you live in Detroit or the U.S. Midwest). Brewing sodas is one of my obsessions. My favorites are ginger ale/beer and root beer.

I like sodas derived from plant roots and tree barks: ginger root, sassafras (the main constituent of root beer), sarsaparilla, birch bark, licorice root, chicory root, etc. But you can make anything that comes to mind. I had a cherry-vanilla soda that I thought was fantastic. On the other hand, I had a bubblegum soda that I thought was gross.

Brewing is fun and simple. All the ingredients are natural. You can always change recipes to suit your taste. Check it out online. Brewing sodas is a great and rewarding pastime!

I went to that site once ages ago and it was an interesting experience. You can also say you call soft drinks something else and if you click the link to "view the statistics" for each state some people use it to yell at each other (though it's mostly unfunny memes and people's life stories). One guy posted Kennedy's inaugural address but with "ITS SODA YOU IDIOTS" at the end. People got really heated, and the crazy thing was I got sucked in too!

Pop people are way angrier and they come up with all these complicated explanations why they're right. Maybe it's a midwesterner thing.

I take it with a grain of salt, it says most people in my county call it pop but I've only ever heard soda. Maybe people who don't call it soda are frustrated so they're more likely to write in.

I don't like diet sodas either. Even the zero drinks still tastes like diet to me. But do love a good cola.

I don’t drink anything with artificial sweeteners because I’ve heard that they actually make your body crave real sugar and can make you gain weight without realizing it.

I love diet soda and sparkling water. Ginger ale is good and I like a few energy drinks as well. (celsius and Nocco)

Where I live apparently people call soda "tonic" but I don't think I've ever heard anyone call it that lol

New Threads

Top Bottom