• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Soda poll!

What soda are you sipping?

• Cola

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sprite/7-up

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Ginger Ale

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Root Beer

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Orange soda (or any other fruity flavor)

• Energy drinks

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Diet sodas / Sparkling water / Zero calorie options

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I mix it with hard alcohol

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
On the really rare occasion I'll have a root beer float or something, but I steer clear of the stuff most of the time. LaCroix is my soda / mocktail base for sure

cola, fanta, sprite, energy drinks, mezzo mix (mixture of cola and fanta), mountain dew (but rarely to buy here), I once drank a brazilian soda, it tasted nice and different than other sodas. I also like citrus soda.
guarana-antarctica-soda-can.jpg
I drank like every energy drink existing or available here, but this is one of my favorites: (not available here since many years)

114025011_0_640x640.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 49
I drink diet Coke and my wife drinks diet Pepsi. About the only thing we disagree about is the Coke/Pepsi thing and how to hang a roll of toilet paper.

cola, fanta, sprite, energy drinks, mezzo mix (mixture of cola and fanta), mountain dew (but rarely to buy here), I once drank a brazilian soda, it tasted nice and different than other sodas. I also like citrus soda.
guarana-antarctica-soda-can.jpg
I drank like every energy drink existing or available here, but this is one of my favorites: (not available here since many years)

114025011_0_640x640.jpg

I really should have included an option for Mountain Dew in my poll. Thanks for reminding me.

These days I like 7-Up, Pepsi and a local soda called Solo.
But I don't drink much of it. Too much sugar makes me jittery.

solo.jpg

another nice energy drink (I took always the cherry one):

energy-drink-supersours_wo_1.jpg

it costed 50 cent in the supermarket (but sadly not available where I live), very very cheap. rockstar energy costs around 1,60 Euro and sometimes more. red bull is the most expensive, but I don´t drink red bull. red bull is for the one who never drinks energy, but drinks them once and wants to be cool.

in germany we have a limit of 32 mg caffeine per 100 ml. so 500 ml can means 160 mg caffeine. in the US it´s more. there are also energy shots, which are dietary supplement, but I never drank them. I think the world health organisation once said that 400 mg caffeine per day is no problem.

I once tasted club mate, which tastes like apple juice with tobacco in it. in the first moment it tastes ugly, but the more you drink, the better it tastes, until it tastes nearly like normal apple juice.

71HZEDaRk8L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
another nice energy drink (I took always the cherry one):

energy-drink-supersours_wo_1.jpg

it costed 50 cent in the supermarket, very very cheap. rockstar energy costs around 1,60 Euro and sometimes more. red bull is the most expensive, but I don´t drink red bull. red bull is for the one who never drinks energy, but drinks them once and wants to be cool.

Red Bull is foul tasting, but I remember I used to mix it with Jager back in the day - it was called a Jager bomb!

I tried my first Dr. Pepper a while ago, I have only seen it on American tv and then one day I saw it in a store here. I thought it was a cola drink, similar to pepsi and coca cola. So imagine my surprise when I took a mouthful and it tasted like liquid candy. It was so weird, I'm not a fan.

Last edited:
I tried my first Dr. Pepper a while ago, I have only seen in it on American tv and then one day I saw it in a store here. I thought it was a cola drink, similar to pepsi and coca cola. So imagine my surprise when I took a mouthful and it tasted like liquid candy. It was so weird, I'm not a fan.

Most soda is essentially nothing but liquid candy, anyway.

Yeah but the Dr. Pepper I bought tasted like molten cotton candy mixed with more molten candy. I have never tasted anything like it before.

I once bought some sweets from the internet, mostly from the US. the candy bars were really nice, but the gummy bears tasted very bad (especially compared to german gummy bears like haribo or trolli). I looked into the ingedrients and it says: "contains white mineral oil." WHITE MINERAL OIL IN SWEETS?? what the heck. I threw them into the trash. I also tasted very very sour drops, which tasted nice. there was a guy on youtube who ate a whole bowl of it and his tongue started to bleed. pop tarts were okay and I really liked marshmellow fluff.

I once bought some sweets from the internet, mostly from the US. the candy bars were really nice, but the gummy bears tasted very bad (especially compared to german gummy bears like haribo or trolli). I looked into the ingedrients and it says: "contains white mineral oil." WHITE MINERAL OIL IN SWEETS?? what the heck. I threw them into the trash. I also tasted very very sour drops, which tasted nice. there was a guy on youtube who ate a whole bowl of it and his tongue started to bleed. pop tarts were okay and I really liked marshmellow fluff.

Most mainstream American candy is horrible.

I like to make my own soda, by mixing steeped (like a tea) hibiscus flowers, chill overnight, then I add sparkling water and ice. I do this with juices, too, on occasion. I don't care for sweet drinks, so, this is a nice way to be able to enjoy soda without all the sugar. One can always add their own sugar to taste, if so desired.

I love the taste of orange Fanta, and blood orange Pellegrino water, but, I only have them on the rare occasion, and dilute them with the addition of sparkling water, to minimize sweetness.

Water is, generally, what I drink.

Not a big soda fan (or pop as we call it in my neck of the woods), but I will drink it on occasion. Sprite specifically because it is a sensory grounding item without caffeine, (not a good thing to consume when one deals with arrthymias). If I'm in the car for longer than forty-five minutes I need something to counter sensory overload and this does that.

Otherwise I drink milk or water almost exclusively.

Okay- to get my akole to the gym requires Bing or some type of energy drink with 160 to 300mgs of caffeine. Otherwise l eek out only 10 or 20 mins on treaddie.

When l worked 6 days a week, 8 or 9 hours, l fueled heavily on those.
Love root beer but l stick to diet only. @SLIME mentioned root beer floats- nothing like one on a hot afternoon.

I love quinine water which is bitter. I can usually find the diet quinine which so refreshing- soooo bitter. They sell tiny cans here. In LA, you can get huge bottles of it.

None of the above.
No pop. Neither sugar or diet.
Definitely no alcohol.

I don't use sugar because I'm hypoglycemic.
Using sugar would mess me up. First raise the blood
sugar, then crash. Make me crazy and nervous at best.
Or the jolly extreme of convulsions.
No thanks.

No diet pop any more.
I used it for a while but grew tired of that nasty feeling in my throat.
And making sounds like a cat puking a fur ball trying to get the nasty feeling to go away.

No alcohol for the same reasons as no sugar.

I drink almond or oat milk, and water.
Water that comes from my well, not bottles of water.
Herbal teas that have no caffeine.

I consider having ice cubes a delightful luxury. :)

soda poll
tree answered
"probably she has some allergy against soda"
lol these prediction

No diet pop any more.
I used it for a while but grew tired of that nasty feeling in my throat.
And making sounds like a cat puking a fur ball trying to get the nasty feeling to go away.

do you mean the carbonic acid? because I know that awkward feeling when there is carbonic acid in your throat, but not goes out. I mostly not like carbonic acid. sometimes I shaked the bottle so long, until every carbonic acid was gone. you can shake it, open it up carefully and repeat it 3-4 times, it depends on how much carbonic acid you like.

I don´t like things like coca cola lite or zero, because it´s not more healthy. instead of sugar it has sweeteners like aspartam, which is not healthy. also it don´t tastes good in my opinion. better normal sugar, than this synthetical mist.

Using sugar would mess me up.

no sugar? : O that´s hard. in food things you are more abstinent than a nun, even not voluntary.

Water that comes from my well, not bottles of water.

drinking water from the water-tap is healthy in germany, more healthy than water from the supermarket, because we have really strict laws for drinking water here. but in many countries you can not drink water from the water-tap.

New Threads

Top Bottom