• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

social problem. need to pull my finger out help please.

That's not from a neutral source, though. The article is from the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, a nonprofit working to make marijuana and psychedelics into legal prescription drugs.

Hi Ereth! I would assume they would be pushing for these drugs to become legalized so it could be used as a "prescribed drug" under a doctors supervision and not for recreational purposes. I really don't think it should be prescribed on an "outpatient" basis, but only for adults and children who qualify and are in "inpatient" hospitals. Marijuana is a recreational drug too that is being used by the wrong people when in fact it does help certain medical conditions for cancer patients. I totally believe that if a drug shows a benefit to certain medical conditions then it should be made legal. We wouldn't have a problem with these sorts of drugs if it wasn't for the "idiots" who abuse them for fun. Another case in point is with pseudoephedrine. I used to use that drug for really bad sinus congestion, but you can't hardly even find it anymore and if you do you have to sign for it like a common criminal because of the meth addicts.

Hi Ereth! I would assume they would be pushing for these drugs to become legalized so it could be used as a "prescribed drug" under a doctors supervision and not for recreational purposes.
Yes, I got that, and I support the push for legalized medical marijuana. But I want to see more researchers put in a word, too---not just the people who are already advocating for legalized psychedelics.

That was indeed very interesting. It appeared the drug opened up the mind which if extremely traumatized will shut down so the person can "deal" with reality. That's what hypnosis is supposed to do as well. Maybe these children were so "shut down" that this drug was the only way to open that part of their memories and make them have to face what happened.

The thing is, this was a very "controlled" environment with several educated people (nurses) and a therapist in order to keep the child safe and to facilitate psychotherapy. It wasn't used for recreational purposes, which the people using LSD in that fashion can be blamed for these research experiments coming to an end. This goes back to what I was saying in that all drugs should be taken under a doctors supervision. I DO NOT believe in this drug (LSD, psychedelics) being used for "recreational fun". Also the drug was used for a limited time so therapy could be carried out and then the drug withdrawn. Another thing is that I don't think this research experiment was advocating this kind of therapy on "high functioning" autism. Is that correct?

Yes, people know LSD is not use for "recreational fun". Even hippies will tell you that.

Being withdrawn and isolated is what keeps us from going out into the world, but then the world reminds us why we stay withdrawn and isolated. There are ways to break the cycle, fix the anxieties one by one until the world feels safe again and being alone and isolated becomes boring instead of just safe.

I use to be quite the hermit, but had a positive experience that helped me out so much. I tried psilocybin mushrooms at a low dose, and then a high dose one time... It changed my life. "It" showed me my burdens, and what I needed to do to let them go. The low dose made me feel normal, much like when I tried cannabis for the first time. I was happy, grounded, and had the urge to commune with my friends and roommates. I even called up my parents and let them know about things that were bothering me, and helped me rationalize and see things from their perspective; mainly because I could see myself as them. The high dose... well, it could be referred to as a "religious" experience. There was no hiding my fears, and insecurity from "It". Everything I had locked away and hidden was brought to the surface, and I was given a choice. Stay in amongst the chaos, or let it go, and reconcile. Let me tell you, when I finally let go, I was taken, and was told and shown the most extraordinary things! Coming back from that experience I was given a direction on what needed to be done in my life to achieve what was given to me "there". (I know I am using very vague terms, mainly for the fact there are no words to describe where I was, or what "It" was. I have my own terminology I use when speaking to people, but it is in a religious context, and want to leave that out of here for now.) I was given the tools on how I need to resolve problems in my life, and steps I needed to take to fulfill the mission laid before me. (Which was build an alternative energy plant I believe, using wind, solar, hydro, and Tesla technology.) Afterwards, my parents could tell there was a change in me, a positive one at that! I was more open, and more willing to talk and listen about sensitive topics with them. I defiantly agree this is not a recreational substance, and should be used in a correct set and setting. My social anxiety was quelled greatly. It felt like a burden had been lifted, and I was more free to be who I truly was meant to be. With all the controversy here, I can only give you my experience, but not condone such use, because like some have said before every experience is different, and has different results on different people, but from what I have seen and heard from others It has been positive and beneficial to those with the faith and courage to those seeking a truth in their life. I did as much research as I could before making my decision to use, and it was not a decision taken lightly. Do your research, and make the best decision for YOU.

New Threads

Top Bottom