• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So... Does anyone around here play Starcraft Brood War?

Accelerator

The One Who Wields the Power of God
I tried it before when I was younger, but I can say I've gotten the hang of it only recently. I basically only play Zerg (they're all nice but I've locked in with the Zerg; biological immortality and constant evolution and all that), and I've been able to consistently beat single AIs and beat them in 1v2s (1v3'll take a bit longer but it's doable). Though admittedly I will need more people to help test my skills. I'm use a pirated copy, the Starcraft No Install on thepiratebay (because I've not the time nor money to spare), so at best I can do Lan games, I think.

So... as the title says: Does anyone around here play Starcraft Brood War? I'd love to hear from fellow players, maybe we can learn from each other?

I played that game like a decade ago. I don't think my present computer would even load it. I know that it (regular Starcraft, anyway) used to be playable over the internet, but I doubt those servers are still running.

I played that game like a decade ago. I don't think my present computer would even load it. I know that it (regular Starcraft, anyway) used to be playable over the internet, but I doubt those servers are still running.
Is your computer too outdated? Also, yeah, the servers for the old Brood War's down, but the Remastered version is a thing, so servers for that are still fine. Anyway, even if you played it a long long time ago, I'd like to hear what you remember of it, if you can.

The computer I played it on ran Windows 98, and that doesn't even exist anymore. If I remember correctly, Brood War was an add-on to the regular Starcraft. I know I played it a lot so it must have been pretty fun, but I don't remember details, sorry. I don't even remember whether I finished it.

The computer I played it on ran Windows 98, and that doesn't even exist anymore. If I remember correctly, Brood War was an add-on to the regular Starcraft. I know I played it a lot so it must have been pretty fun, but I don't remember details, sorry. I don't even remember whether I finished it.
Ah, a pity. Oh well, thanks for your time anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom