• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Smells you hate, but most people love

Licorice
Anise
The smell alone make me feel as if I have an allergy..

My mother was hypersensitive to all smells, but she had a particular thing for pork, she was like a guided missile. She couldn't stand any of it in any context. It was really funny, we would walk along the street, and she would say "in that apartment on 5 floor they cook pork", or "that man ate bacon for breakfast". A friend once came and she asked her to empty her handbag, it transpired she had bacon sandwiches in that bag the day before..

I used to smoke and I love the smell!

I hate the smell of avocado and any kind of alcohol, which may have to do with the amount puke that typically followed over-drinking it.

I will instead give you a smell I enjoy that most people hate.

I will also. I have a fondness for menthol vapor rub and liquid B-vitamins. :) Both smells remind me of my great-grandmother, but I also just enjoy them.

I like some perfume scents if they're not too strong though I prefer the more natural scents of essential oils. However, I used lotion recently at my sister-in-law's, and the smell of the lotion lingered on my skin. It wasn't necessarily an unpleasant smell, but I didn't want to smell like that. I had to shower as soon as we got home to get rid of the smell.

I don't like most "fragnance oils" but I do.like most essential oils.
I used to hate the smell of rain, as a kid, but I got used to it.
I can't stand heavily perfumed people.
Don't like new car, old car, any kind of car smells. Can't stand the fragrance, hang-up things, people put in cars to make them smell "nice" Ugh.
Don't like the smell of lollies ( translation for Americans- candy).
I don't really like the scented candles either but I love burning resin - frankincense, myrrh, etc.
Not fond of dog smells. I don't like the smell of other peoples children, but I did like my own kid's scents.

I'm sticking to the idea of smells the majority of people seem to like that I don't. I can't think of a whole lot right now, but probably because I'm not smelling any of them recently.

"Floral" scented candles.
Incense.
Marijuana (a lot of people I know seem to like the smell a lot; and you smell it a lot here in Nevada now that its legal).

I wouldn't say I have so many atypical dislikes as much as a lot of smell sensitivity as I tend to respond way more quickly to odd or unpleasant scents than most people. That kind of goes for all the senses, now that I mention it. Who knew?

Eggs are a love hate relationship for me.
sometimes I like the smell of eggs cooking other times I don't
I think it mostly has to do with my health at the time.

I hate the smell of freshly mown lawn but I am very allergic so that makes sense. The smell of fairs/carnivals. New car smell definitely. I seem to smell everything more intensely than most others so the things others don't like the smell of if they think about it will get me quite overwhelmed at first whiff.

While I can't name a smell I hate which fits the criteria (i.e. other people love it), I am the only one I know of that becomes completely nauseated at the smell of microwaved vegetables. I gag, cover my mouth, get away if possible. No one else understands my behavior in those situations.

No, WeirdoGuy, you're spot on there.

My number one hated smell is bacon. Raw fish figures up there but I think that's reasonably normal. Perfume definitely. City smells, diesel exhaust, food when I'm not hungry, small children smells. I mean, there are people that like sniffing babies. That's borderline bizarre. Babies smell of puke, sugar and off-milk all mixed together.

One strange one I love is traction engine exhaust, there's nothing quite like it.

Wine

Tequila

Fried foods/food being fried

Gingerbread

Leather

Cigarettes/ Cigars

Perfume/ Cologne (although, I like scented oils of various types)

For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can take the smell of cigarettes/cigars. It makes me want to gag!

And I don't understand why everyone doesn't use it as air freshener! Such interesting diversity in dah world! :D

For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can take the smell of cigarettes/cigars. It makes me want to gag!
And I don't understand why everyone doesn't use it as air freshener!
Hmmm... Ducks? Cigars? Maybe, it's time to change your avatar...
Howard, the Duck
full

Which is another multimedia franchise!

It all adds up!! :eek:

Maybe every thread on the forum is somehow related to one another! :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom