• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Smells that make you happy

Silvikrin hair tonic, patchouli ,Old spice talcum powder , baby powder, Coca-Cola, The smell from A bakery in Greece, ice cream made in Athens ,Greece, broth I had in Belgium.
emilie -A perfume Oil made by fragonard in Grasse , France.
milk chocolate most of the time, dark Chocolate less so.
spaghetti Bolognese ,pizza, prawn cocktail flavour shells ,bacon flavour crispies,strawberries, Neapolitan ice cream, marmite crisps,chips ( French fries but thicker)being cooked at the local fish and chip shop.
vegetable spring rolls .

Baking bread and cinnamon rolls
Lavender
Pines and cedar
Real orange blossoms
Jasmine
Night blooming Cirrus Cactus
tangerines freshly opened
patchouli
wood burning in a fireplace
salty ocean breeze

Bacon on Sunday morning
Gardenias
Desert Rain
Bakeries in the morning
Pizza at night
The forest and campfire smoke
Cleaning products- if they are left over from a freshly cleaned house
Happy by estee lauder
Amway shampoo -lol (long story)

:)

Fresh baked bread.
Orange blossom
Before it rains
Jasmine (the plant, not artificial)
Honeysuckle (the plant, not artificial)
Pine forest
Oak forest
Fresh edible mushrooms.

Fresh baked bread.
Orange blossom
Before it rains
Pine forest
Oak forest
Fresh edible mushrooms.
forgot about wild honeysuckle ,hope I can get to the tree in the park in June!

Fresh baked bread.
Orange blossom
Before it rains
Pine forest
Oak forest
Fresh edible mushrooms.
Ah, fresh mushrooms! Delicious earthy smell.
I also like the smell of chestnuts.

I used to have a keen sense of smell, but if anything, there were more smells that made me unhappy than good smells.

I lost my sense of smell and taste, to caughing too much and although it has come back, it is no where near as it was before.

I do love the smell of fresh baked bread and we have a yellow rose that smells like oranges and that makes me want to keep smelling it and yes, makes me feel great.

Yes honeysuckle so sweet and floaty, also lilac tho it's full on. Earth as I garden. Grass cuttings. The shore and the sea. The harbour at Torquay or Brixham or Plymouth .

Carnations but not hyacinths. Woodlands in spring. River walks. Pine needles. Spruce and evergreens. Cow pats smell interesting in a field walk.

Cut grass by Philip Larkin

Cut grass lies frail: Brief is the breath Mown stalks exhale. Long long the death It dies in the white hours of young-leafed June With chestnut flowers, With hedges snowlike strewn, White lilac bowed, Lost lanes of Queen Anne's Lace, And that high-builded cloud Moving at summer's pace.

A basket of apples
Pine tree forests
Baking bread
Yeasty, hops smell of beer making
Cinnamon rolls
Coffee
Old books with leather covers
Oil, axle grease and gasoline
The smell of mint when you crush the fresh leaves, and dill, caraway, basil, oregano, lavender, savory, marjoram, sage and camomile.
Cucumbers
Onions
The way your skin smells after swimming in a lake.

Onions. I claim my prize.

Yes honeysuckle so sweet and floaty, also lilac tho it's full on. Earth as I garden. Grass cuttings. The shore and the sea. The harbour at Torquay or Brixham or Plymouth .

Carnations but not hyacinths. Woodlands in spring. River walks. Pine needles. Spruce and evergreens. Cow pats smell interesting in a field walk.

Cut grass by Philip Larkin

Cut grass lies frail: Brief is the breath Mown stalks exhale. Long long the death It dies in the white hours of young-leafed June With chestnut flowers, With hedges snowlike strewn, White lilac bowed, Lost lanes of Queen Anne's Lace, And that high-builded cloud Moving at summer's pace.

Totally off topic but I remember this from high school and relate to it.
42e84416f064d4575c0fc4ae731631d1.jpg

Orange blossom, and especially when the flowers are blossoming on the trees. Orange groves are just so nice... but not the artificial orange blossom smell, though. I hate that one, it smells as chemical as dish soap.
Iris flowers
Petrichor, and also the smell before it rains (does it have a name? Does anybody else smell it?)
Mud
Baked goods in general
Oh yeah, cat fur or skin after being in the sun, like you
The smell of my mom's skin when she's coming back from outside in the winter, she smells of flintstone for some reason
The smell of comfort foods being made
The smell of laundry detergent --but only in Germanic countries: different countries associate different things with the smell of cleanliness
Fresh laundry, as a result
Watermelon or cucumber, along with raspberry stems, plus a bunch of fruit
Oceanic-scented cosmetics

And probably many more...

Love the rain, ocean, woods, wet leaves, and wildflowers. I also am crazy for skunk! When a skunk sprays in the neighborhood, I open all my windows and smile ear to ear. I also love the herbs dill, and fennel. I am in love with cloves, anise, and the squeezed autumn buds of purple cone flower. I also like aroma therapy oils like lemongrass. Smells are a big thing with me, but many “normal” smells make me ill too. I nearly vomit with the smell of ammonia, bleach, or several cleaning products. Most perfumes make me sick too. So does that
new car smell.”

Last edited:
Sweat.. gross

For me first thing I thought about was the smell of baking bread..

Then its lavender smell

Then that berry-like new car smell

Gasoline XD

The smell of freshly opened trading cards.

Mcdonalds and random diners cooking food.

Fried chicken.

I rarely get new things besides food. So the smell of unpacking new merchandise is a treat. The styrofoam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, solder paste on the boards, printed instructions, everything that's been sealed up immediately at the factory before outgassing.

Pine woods
The out gassing of Polyvinyl chloride (PVC Plastic). Commonly known as 'New Car Smell'.
Real Italian Tomato Sauce
Beach smell on your skin
61637o1V%2BCL._SY355_.jpg

Wouldn’t say it made me “happy” but the smell of fresh bread in the supermarket is so drool worthy.

Petrol, new engine oil, mechanical grease, burnt rubber (not fire burnt, asphalt burnt), just blown out matches/candles <3

Even reading other people’s lists had a strange relaxing effect on me! For me it’s:

Laundry detergent smell on clean clothes
A loaf of bread when you first open the bag
Freshly cut grass
My skin after I’ve been in the sun
My bf’s chest or the crown of his head
Pretty much anything baking in the oven!
The smell of gardening chemicals (not sure the name!)

EDIT: I forgot the smell of candles when they’ve just been blown out! Instantly makes me think of birthday cake!

New Threads

Top Bottom